Wisdom of the Ancestors - Discussion

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things. 1) Who's post is it anyway? and 2) I finally decided to go ahead and add my third character, this one has some more sidestories to go with this and I feel like a certain faction is a little under-represented right now :P

Name: Galus Faramel

Race: Altmer

Appearance: Galus is tall, even for an Altmer, and has the usual high cheekbones and pointed ears indicative of his race. He has a slightly less golden skin tone than most Altmer, however, and he sports sandy blonde locks, rather than the usual very dark or very light hair of most high elves. He often wears an armored robe in the Thalmor black and gold, very similar to most Thalmor robes but armored with light elven metal in a few key areas such as around vital organs. His only jewelry is a necklace around his neck twisted with links of lead and gold with a meteoric iron pendant shaped like a varla stone, the sigil of house Faramel.

Skills: Destruction, Alteration, Restoration, Alchemy, Enchanting, (Blade)

Equipment: The mage's most prized possession is his father's shortsword, historically given to the third son of a Faramel patriarch when he came of age. Faramel's Razor is a shortsword much like a typical elven shortsword in terms of shape (see Oblivion's Elven shortsword), however, it has a gleeming silver hilt and the blade is of meteoric iron rather than moonstone or quicksilver, this makes the blade much stronger and lighter. The blade is said to have an incredibly powerful enchantment sung into the metal itself at the time of forging, but no one knows what this great enchantment is, how to awaken it or if it even exists as the blade has only ever appeared to be "normal." Galus wears his armor/robe, boots and gloves, all lightly armored. He carries a small variety of alchemical ingredients, scrolls and soulgems. Mostly common items that are easily found, but he does have a small collection of bloodgrass, spidal stick and other ingredients from the realm of Oblivion. He carries a Sigil Stone that once served to power an artificial sun in his home's garden, primarily as a sentimental piece.

Homeland: Cyrodiil, the Gold Coast/Colovian Highlands region near the Hammerfell border

Personality: Galus is a little shy and reserved at first, but is a bit of a smart-alec and a little pompous once he comes out of his shell some.

Background: Galus was born to the venerable Faramel family of Cyrodiil. His father was the youngest brother to Barus Faramel, the famed sorcerer and Ayleid scholar. Barus devised numerous spells and wrote many treatises on Ayleid magic, architecture and enchanting methods. When Galus's father was killed by a powerful wizard when he was a teen, Barus took him in. The young Galus took his father's shortsword and a sigil stone that powered an artificial sun in the alchemical gardens before he left to his uncle Barus's home. Galus lived with his childless uncle in the south of Cyrodiil, near Anvil and the Elseweyr border on the family's ancestral island. Faramel manor offered Galus many opportunities, the gardens were larger, there was a portal to the realm of Oblivion that his uncle had constructed during the Oblivion crisis eons ago and stabilized, stables, good fishing in the river, a large collection of books on the various schools of magic and the many lands of Nirn and close proximity to courtly life in Anvil. Galus learned all he could about Destruction, Alchemy and Enchanting while there and also assisted his uncle in his Ayleid studies, getting to accompany him on many journeys to the ancient ruins.

Time passed and Galus became a man, thus he went off to the College of Winterhold in Skyrim to learn magic better. It had been time for him to leave his uncle's protection. Galus learned a lot while there and expanded his horizons to Alteration and Restoration while there and also finding a passion for Dwemer ruins and technology. While Galus was at the College, a terrible event transpired that he still doesn't like to talk about (I'm also gonna be lazy and not type that yet...) he left the College feeling alone after most of his friends had died or left themselves. He spent his days exploring the ruins of Skyrim and Morrowind, old nordic and Dwemer alike, learning the ancient powers of the dwarves and the long forgotten nords. By that time, the Great War had come and gone. Galus and his uncle reunited briefly in Bruma by happenstance.

Galus voiced that he was going to join the Thalmor to his uncle. Barus was furious and had to restrain himself to neither kill his nephew nor destroy the city they were in. Barus promptly disowned Galus and the disheartened man went off to the Thalmor. Galus learned to work in a team with the Thalmor, and he also found some natural charisma with officers. He managed to tactfully avoid any assignments involving torture or the hunting of Talos worshipers. In an odd twist of fate, his squeamish-ness, may have accelerated his promotion as he found himself on the frontlines or conducting research more than other soldiers would have. One thing lead to another and now, part way through the second great war, he is an officer in command of a small squadron of Thalmor, as well as an accomplished battlemage with some skill in using his father's old sword.

Galus was at the most recent battle for Whiterun and had realize the battle was going south, so he decided to go North. When the retreat was sounded he and his men rushed North, where he figured that they would have the best chance of escaping, and he began tor realize that his opportunity was knocking. A few other men came with his, their own officers dead or missing. He lead the score of Thalmor North to Labyrinthian, and now they are making their way through the belly of the ancient beast. Their commander biding his time and waiting for the perfect opportunity to resurface and strike.

I was waiting for Chrys, so now he's posted I'll get on it at some point :D

@Chrys: I hope you don't mind us skipping straight to having the letter delivered? I never intended Gregor to be a character I would use for any long duration, he's more the pop up to deliver a letter, vanish again type, Involved in the story arc as he is, he's a very minor character and I'd rather not focus any of my effort on thinking up posts for him, a simple greeting and delivering is all I really planned.

We can still go to the Imperial City (I had originally intended Morgiah to be waiting at the cave, but that wouldn't make much sense anyway) I'd just rather we didn't have to sneak through forsworn and make our way through Falkreath in more than a post or two.

:happy:

I'll be rejoining the RP, sry about my lack of posting I kinda felt out of place in the RP so I took some time off. But now I am back! Mostly it was the pain pills for my arm it made me loopy and made it hard to think, now that I have a clean bill of health and working again I'll be able to post again.

I hope my post is in order, a lot of reading to do and I am tired so I kinda pulled it out of my arse but I think it should fit if not let me know and I will amend it.

Edited by Macman253