Wisdom of the Ancestors - Discussion

Yeah really... I look at this and think, holy! Svarn has his work cut out for him. He may have no love for the Anti-Talos Thalmor but he hates Forsworn even more and seeing both in the Reach in fairly high numbers makes opposing them an interesting and mind boggling idea

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suddenly I'm thinking that starting Willis right where I did was a bit....implausible. As skilled in swordplay and Destruction magic as he is, I think those numbers would pretty quickly overwhelm him.

Now I have to think up some excuse for how he got as far as he did. :dry:

Gotcha! :)

Here's a map to go along with Chrys's battlelines: http://www.uesp.net/maps/srmap/srmap.shtml?centeron=Kolskeggr+Mine

This centers on where Faeryn, Iodiria, and Serra should be right about now. Shouldn't take too long to get to Karthspire with those three...don't know how close to that area the other group is. :ermm:

Guys, I just wanna add something here before we get too far along. >.< I don't think we are quite in the Reach yet. From my estimations, and after talking with Auriana, it looks like the group traveling with Adrynn is still in the middle of Whiterun Hold at the moment.

http://www.uesp.net/maps/srmap/srmap.shtml?locx=-70528&locy=9984&zoom=13

This is the map I'm looking at, and I'd say that taking the pass south from the Labyrinthian, and having a day's worth of travel, the group is between Rorikstead and Swindler's Den.

What do ya'll think?

So Chrys and I were discussing the size of Skryim to determine lengths of travel. We figure that Skryim is around the size of the state of Texas. So Skyrim is about 630-650 miles East to West and 600-630 Miles North to South at its widest/longest points. For travel times, take into account that in "rugged" terrain (hills, mountains etc. this doesn't account for total bushwacking through a forest though mind you), a backpacker can manage around 20 miles per day, from sun up to sun down and upwards of 30 in easy terrain. So keep that in mind. That being said, with a half day to get out of the mountain pass of Labyrinthian and a day of travel afterwards, the group is around the stream just north of Smuggler's Den. Another day would see them to Rorikstead, a half-day later the reach and after that 5-7 days of mountaineering or 2-4 days of road travel to Karthspire barring unforeseen complications.