Wisdom of the Ancestors - Discussion

So I removed Felix and Nightshade, I figure Nightshade is best as a character in the Druids Garden and I was having a hard time continuing with Felix but I have been playing with an old character I wrote for a short story not long after Dawnguard came out.

Here he is...

Name: Lucius Gallenius

Race: Imperial (Vampire)

Appearance: Tall, lithe with long dark hair and glowing orange eyes. A long scar runs down across his eye and cheek giving him a permanent snarl regardless of his facial expression.

Skills: One-Handed, Two-Handed, Heavy Armor, Block and his Vampiric Powers

Equipment: His set of blades armor and his katana's.

Homeland: Cyrodiil

Personality: Known for his diplomatic and strategic mind, his loyalty to the Emperor is without question but he has not loyalty to the current puppet on the throne. His only desire is to rid himself of the curse of Vampirism forced onto him.

Background: Lucius was born to a Senator during the late third era, his life was predetermined by his father. He took solace in the arts of war his uncle gifted to him, being a member of the Blades and trained in secret. Lucius took to the arts like a fish to water, absorbing knowledge of battles long past and the sword styles of The Blades.

When Lucius came of age he joined the Blades, much to his fathers rage. His lands and titles stripped of him and gifted to his younger brother Gaius. His life became that of The Blades, his uncle his father figure. His natural skill with a blade and his tactical knowledge excelled him through the ranks and by the age of twenty five he became a Captain and one of the best the Blades had, he was assigned to Uriel Septim's personal guard alongside his Uncle. There he became quite close to the Emperor and learned much from him. After several years on his honor-guard the Emperor sent him into Skyrim to track down an Elder Scroll held within Volkihar Castle, home of the vampire Harkon. Uriel sought the scroll and sent Lucius to retrieve it.

Lucius was able to infiltrate the castle but when he had claimed the Scroll he was ambushed, Harkon had captured him but instead of killing him he admired the skill Lucius possessed and gifted him with his blood. Lucius gave into the power Harkon gave him, he became cruel and evil. Killing at will and caring nothing for his prior oaths. It was when he had heard word that his Uncle died defending the Emperor from the Mythic Dawn cult and the death of Emperor Uriel that his humanity was restored and he came to realize what he had become. He left the ranks of the Volkihar vampires and wandered about Tamriel, seeking a source for a cure for his curse. His travels lead to many places but no cures, it was only when he had heard there was a mage that was reported to be able to remove such a curse that he returned to Skyrim.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mac, could you post soon? We're a little hung up on your response at the moment. Thanks!

Also, I suppose if you're looking for something to do Chrys, we could use Seutin brought closer to Karthspire and the rest of the group if that's at all possible/convenient for you.

Danke Mas all!

How I usually approach a problem like this is think of a character I find interesting, (ie: I found Adrynn really interesting in SoDS) and have my character strike up conversations with them (this in turn, lead to Baltis having a lot of past and history with Adrynn). Just try to add little side conversations with people. This will help make your characters more involved and will carry them on into a good role in the RP, it's nice to have another person to reference your character and vice versa. There are some other, more overt ways to do that such as take charge in certain positions (I kind of did that with Ra'Qassar being a hunter and guide so he's taken a fairly prominent position in the RP because of that), but it's also important to know when to step back. (ie: Ra'Qassar becomes much more secondary in the Blades since he's not in charge of them or extremely experienced with their operations.). Once you get a better feel for your own characters and everyone else's you scan start thinking about who would have a conflict or a bond with my character? (again, Baltis and Adrynn) and start interactions with them. It's a little tricky at first, but you'll get the hang of it.

How I usually approach a problem like this is think of a character I find interesting, (ie: I found Adrynn really interesting in SoDS) and have my character strike up conversations with them (this in turn, lead to Baltis having a lot of past and history with Adrynn). Just try to add little side conversations with people. This will help make your characters more involved and will carry them on into a good role in the RP, it's nice to have another person to reference your character and vice versa. There are some other, more overt ways to do that such as take charge in certain positions (I kind of did that with Ra'Qassar being a hunter and guide so he's taken a fairly prominent position in the RP because of that), but it's also important to know when to step back. (ie: Ra'Qassar becomes much more secondary in the Blades since he's not in charge of them or extremely experienced with their operations.). Once you get a better feel for your own characters and everyone else's you scan start thinking about who would have a conflict or a bond with my character? (again, Baltis and Adrynn) and start interactions with them. It's a little tricky at first, but you'll get the hang of it.

This, pretty much. :P

See, Willis has a couple of problems in that department:

1. He isn't overly conversational. Which isn't to say that he wouldn't participate in a conversation started by someone else—he just isn't the type to chat idly without being prompted.
  2. He can really only take charge in matters that pertain to his own mission. As that currently seems to be sidelined, he's just "doing as the Romans do".
  3. It's very hard for him to form bonds with people, and he isn't apt to quarrel with anyone he doesn't perceive as a threat—even if that person is a lich, lycanthrope or vampire. Unless "quarrel" here means "have a civilized disagreement and/or debate". This is a result of his efforts to conceal his true emotions, always endeavoring to appear calm and rational.

Traits that, in hindsight....make him outwardly flat. I guess this is what I get for basing his personality on his face (he's my player character in Oblivion, and I gave him a very serious-looking face). Perhaps I should have signed his wife up, instead. She's a much more interesting character (I've used her before in other RPs), but sadly lacks a full, Elder Scrolls-compatible backstory at the moment.

Sorry about my most recent post. I left it open for several hours and then finished my post, by which time a couple other posts occurred so I changed it to "under revision," I'll fit something in tomorrow. Go ahead and post if you have something and I'll just write to conform to it, it won't be anything beyond a commentary of the situation really.