• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing a lot of the crew from Shadows of Darkest Soul, I can't resist

bringing one of mine back, granted he didn't see much action, but hey,

here's his chance. I'm not sure if he'll actually be a main character or if

he's just going to make a few cameos but here he is:

Name: Baltis Llervu

Race: Dunmer (Lich)

Appearance: When disguising his true nature, Baltis has the typical crimson eyes and mahogany hair of the Dunmer people. He has high cheek bones and a chiseled nose with no facial hair. His hair is kept in a slick ponytail that runs to about his shoulders. He has several faint runes running in lines about his mouth and eyes, they glow a faint reddish color when he expends a large amount of magicka. In his true form Baltis's hair becomes matted, grey and unkempt around his skeletal face, a grey goatee and beard also appear and virtually no flesh remains upon his bleach-white bones. His hands do have some grey-ish flesh still clinging to them. The rest of his body has spotty portions of rotting flesh but for the most part is skeletal. He usually wears a deep crimson robe, the sashes of which have several deep red gemstones and onyx, each of the stones is enchanted to help funnel magicka into Baltis, allowing him to maintain his disguise indefinitely, so long as he does not expend too much magickal energy. He occasionally dons the hood of his robe, but usually prefers to keep it down.

Skills: Destruction, Conjuration (Necromancy specifically, and almost exclusively), Alteration (levitation, waterwalking, shields), Alchemy, Restoration (per-se, more of an extension of Necromancy in that he is able to heal and repair himself magically, other people, not so much)

Equipment: Afore-Mentioned Robe with the accompanying enchantments, alchemical apparati, various ingredients and body parts

Homeland: Morrowind, Port Telvanni/Tel Branora

Personality: Llervu is sarcastic and condescending, he can be extremely dismissive, but when he gets to know people he often jokes with them and as he has become more social, he makes plenty of jokes about the state of his body.

Background: Baltis was born in Port Telvannis on the mainland of Morrowind in 3E 400 to Telvanni commoners. When Vvardenfell was opened to expansion in 3E 414, they were among the first people to travel with Mistress Therana and live in Tel Branora. Shortly after this an alchemist in Sadrith Mora paid Baltis's parents, the Redayins, for their son. Salms Andares took Baltis under his wing as his apprentice. Salms was an old man looking for an heir and legacy, all of his children having died due to horrible circumstances. Baltis realized a natural tendency towards alchemy, and later magic thanks to his friend Vandalas, a local sorcerer. In 3E 417, Salms died, Baltis wanted to continue the shop and learn more from Vandalas but the local mage lord had other plans.

Neloth ordered the shop sold to another alchemist and Baltis to become his apprentice. Vandalas gave Baltis several books by a famed Telvanni Wizard, Olmes Llervu, for his studies. Several years past and Baltis took the name Llervu for his own. Eventually Neloth made Baltis his mouth in 3E 420. Baltis had little patience for the politics of the house or the stupidity of Gethren and killed Gethren's mouth in 421. Neloth promoted Baltis and then promptly banished him from Tel Naga. Baltis managed to secure a contract to build Tel Olmes on an island Southeast of Vvardenfell. There he spent a few years studying his magics.

Baltis realized that he could not possibly learn everything he wanted to in one lifetime, so he resolved to extend his lifetime forever. He conducted much research and acquired the materials for a phylactery. He had hired on several craftsmen and warriors over the years, including a skilled smith. His smith forged his phylactery, knowing full well the intent. Baltis made no attempt to hide his plans from his men, he was not much one for slaves, feeling that hirelings bound by loyalty and investment in their Lord's interests were the best option. He kept an open dialogue between his various servants, spellswords, nightblades and battlemages, most of whom were Argonian, atypical for a Telvanni. After much work and some coercing of booksellers and Master Aryon, Baltis acquired everything he needed and then completed his ritual of Ascension, becoming a lich in 428. This was incredibly fast for a mage but given Llervu's dedication, enthusiasm and ambition, unsurprising.

Llervu was in search of a means to teleport to the Daedric plane of Oblivion, much like Divayth Fyr had before him. This search brought him to the Shrine of Azura in Morrowind just before the outbreak of the Oblivion crisis. Here he met Adrynn, Velanya and their companions, it is unclear as to what occured immediately following this, but their union was a fragile alliance at best with the ambitious and tempestuous lich causing several fractures in his relationships with the rest of the adventurers.

Following the Oblivion crisis, Llervu set out to hone his necromanti crafts. He spent many years furthering his understanding of the body, mind, spirit and their numerous connections. His obsession with perfection has lead him to many tweaks to his phylactery and enchantments, bringing him closer and closer to achieving his aspiration of full ascension. His currect quest has brought him to Skyrim, to secure a protector, servant and companion. He seeks to achieve what no one else has ever done: create a dracolich. Dragons have ascended before and many have dabbled in necromancy such as Duhnerviir, but never before has a man or mer performed the ritual upon a dragon to transform it by a third party. It is unknown whether such a thing has ever been done on a humanoid either. Llervu hopes that mastery of this sort of technique will allow him greater control over life and death than other liches, perhaps allowing him to undue his own lichdom, should he choose, or the lichdom of others. What his ultimate end goal is anyone's guess.

Name: Jo'Branzel

Race: Khaliit ~ Cathay-Raht

Appearance: White fur; Red eyes; Black Spots

Skills: Two-Handed; Destruction; Restoration; Alteration; Illusion; Conjuration; Alchemy

Equipment:

Steel Great-Sword

Silk white breeches (no shirt boots or gloves)

Homeland: Elsweyr

Personality: Calm, collected and kind

Background:

Jo'Branzel never knew his mother who died at childbirth, and his father always blamed him for his mothers death. Helped by his elder sister, who bore the brunt of the assault that would have been Jo'Branzels to bare, he saw kindness where none was present elsewhere. When Jo'Branzels father, Do'Sedarin, raised a bottle of mead to his sister, after a night of heavy drinking in the local tavern when Jo'Branzel was eight years of age, he bore all his strength down upon her, killing her slowly and in agony.

Her death investigated by the Manes Guard led by a kind and sympathetic battle-mage, named Qa'Erither, his father was tried and brought to justice. Sympathetic to Jo'Branzel, the battle-mage brought him up as his own. Suspicious at first, Jo'Branzel quickly grew to love the aging battle-mage and loved his new tutelage.

Hey, I just mentioned Baltis in my post! ;D hahaha. I said he was the reason Adrynn no longer has his Daeric Katana. I didn't give specifics, but considering Adrynn's temper, I'm sure two and two can be put together. XD Its good to see him again Zephyr.

(Also, I know this last post was a bit more melencholy than most, but I think its good to show multiple sides of a character.)

Ok, had to edit Adrynn's sheet after reading the Lore section on uesp.net. Seems the Red Year was in 4E 5, which is only five years after the Oblivion Crisis. So, had to make a few changes to reflect that. XD

@Dark I just saw that actually haha. I have been trying to resist the urge to bring Kriak back into a lot of my RPs because I've used him so much, and when I first started RPing with him I made him quite overpowered (granted, so is Baltis, but he has a couple excrutiating weaknesses). But with so many characters from Shadows, it's hard to not bring him back haha. Baltis will have some fun though, and perhaps the results will be less... explosive this time, at least in terms of his interactions with everyone else.

Can Kriak make a brief cameo to setup Llervu and why he would work with anyone. I understand if not, since he's not stock ES, but his lore explains it pretty well.

Can Kriak make a brief cameo to setup Llervu and why he would work with anyone. I understand if not, since he's not stock ES, but his lore explains it pretty well.

I suppose...just keep it short and you should be good.