We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

UFO and Magic Mods

thunderwolf86

just for the record I recently decided to switch from AFT to UFO so I am sorry if this question has been answered before but a quick google search and a search here didn't really help me this time around.

I was just curious if there was a way for followers, when using UFO, to use spells from say Midas Magic or Forgotten Magic? I give them the spell tome and tell them to study it but it doesn't seem to work, that and I think in a couple of cases the book is still in their inventory. I bring this up because I have a paladin follower and for some reason, I don't know exactly why, but it just looks wrong having him cast a bloody fireball (not quite holy magic lol). I have a couple followers like that so that's really the only reason I ask.

again I am sorry if this has been covered before, please don't belt me with tomatoes.

In the creation kit when you create a new npc/ edit a existing one you can give them certain spells and there's a checkbox that you mark which lets them use spells.

Just load up

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Midas magick.esm

And then his spells should appear for you to add them.

Then just save as one if your new mods and load it up find/spawn the npc you made and see if he cast spells

just to recap I cant get my followers to use the spells, iv left them in their inventory as tomes, iv used the console to give them the spells and done so through the CK. still I cant get them to use the spells. is there a step that I am missing or can this not be done with UFO?