Wisdom of the Ancestors - An Elder Scrolls RP

AurianaValoria1

Sienna withdrew and looked at the road as the old companions reconciled... a pleasure she would never feel again in all of her days, for all those who held any bond with her in the past were dead, dead, gone and buried. And all under her leadership... that wasn't a very comforting thought now that she headed the march of this band of travellers alongside the Khajiiti Thane... Okuras had been lost already, so how long was it before another fell as they travelled with the cursed commander?

Putting such thoughts aside Sienna honed her mind on this Labyrinthian... so they had to proceed into a vast complex of ancient craftmenship to route the remaining Thalmor forces that threatened Whiterun? No easy task, but Ra'Qassar assured her he had been to the ruins before and knew of their location... so it was in his directions she would be forced to trust.

-----

No sooner then had the Dunmer of the Grey-quarter gotten over the appearance of an old Redoran warrior and a shining Ordinator in their tavern did Iodiria step foot through it's rotten and rickety doors. Yet another glass was dropped as the patrons gawked at the woman before them, the shining solid-gold plate on her chest marking her an Ordinator, but it's further intricacies marked her as something a little higher than just a warrior, it marked her as commander, commander of Necrom to be precise. The inkeeper hurried over to get a better look at the golden woman, who's silken trail followed her as she stepped forth.

"A-are you an ordinator?" He asked eyes wide and jaw agape.

"I was once, now I am a relic of the past seeking an old friend... tell me, have you seen a Redoran master? He is old now, and always had deep lines. Adrynn was his name, and as I have received news that he wanders Skyrim, it only seemed relevant his travels would bring him here."

"Yes! Yes I did! He was here no more than a day ago, and with his ordinator companion, left the city- Check down by the stables to see if anyone saw them."

"Thank you kind sir, and may the Reclamations bless you. Our kind will thrive again." And with those cryptic words Iodiria turned and left, disappearing into the alleys as fast as she had arrived.

With conformation from a stable hand who overheard the exchange between the Redoran warrior and the ageing carriage Driver, Iodiria knew that her old friends intent was to seek passage into the Reach for some reason or another... what she couldn't even hazard a guess, but that was the path she would follow. If they were a day or so ahead, she would need more than her own two legs to speed her... she would need a horse.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrynn shook Sorinyarie's hand and smiled. It had been a long time indeed since they had last seen each other.

"We have a journey to the Reach that must be made with haste, but we encountered these adventurers in battle with a Thalmor patrol and helped to even the odds," Adrynn explained, trying to not give away too much beyond what was needed. He swore he could feel the ghost of Caius Cosades chuckling in his ear. Once a Blade, always a Blade, eh Redoran? Adrynn resisted the temptation to swat over his shoulder at the imagined voice.

"We are headed to Whiterun right now, and there we shall resupply," Adrynn said, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning onto his right leg. "Do you wish to accompany us, Sorinyarie? We could use your expeirience. And we are all already enemies of the Thalmor, so your armor should not cause trouble."

Adrynn smiled and limped toward the carraige, where the driver was lazily smoking his pipe, keeping an ever watchful eye on everyone present.

"Well Dunmer, if we are to make some headway before night falls completely upon us, I say we should be off," the old Nord said, blowing a smoke ring toward the sky. Adrynn nodded.

He turned to Sienna. "I say we should get moving, Knight of the Nine. Nightfall is soon. I do believe we have tarried here long enough," He said, leaning against the carriage.

Velanya grinned, "That I did, soldier. Haven't lost my touch yet, thank the Nine."

She extended her hand towards the scout, "Knight Errant Velanya Therys."

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Aye," Faeryn nodded to the carriage driver, "We should get moving. Time is of the essence with these Thalmor, it seems."

Suetin Marczon: Karthspire Mountain - Skyhaven Temple Courtyard

Suetin clasped Velanya's hand and gave her a firm handshake. "Suetin Marczon, descendant of Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon. I was knighted a while back, but I stay active as a scout." He said.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorinyarie: Eastmarch - The Road from Windhelm

Sorinyarie wasn't surprised when Adrynn told her that he and Faeryn were en route to somewhere dangerous - once soldiers, always soldiers. Although she had originally planned to make for the Rift and help with the bandits there,she now felt the itch to help her former friends in their mission. She didn't reckon she would be reprimanded by anyone for doing so; Lieutenant Vernantus had given her freedom of choice, after all. Anticipation of fighting alongside the two Dunmer filled Sorinyarie's mind.

"Well, I was headed for the Rift...but looks like now I'm headed for the Reach." Sorinyarie said with a smile. "It'll be good to fight with you two again. And, what's your business there, if I may ask?"

Adrynn thought about how to best phrase his response. As much as he respected everyone here, there was no telling what the wrong piece of information would do to Velanya's plans. He had noticed how quiet Sandhya, the female Khajiit, had become once everyone had started talking. She was cunning, he knew. He only hoped she stayed an ally.

"We go to meet with Velanya at the Karthspire. She said she has something she wants us to help her with," he said, hoping that it wasn't giving away too much information. And as a former Blade herself, Adrynn hoped Sorinyarie pieced together his clues.

He turned and climbed into the carraige. He stood in the back and looked around. "Who wants to ride with us?"

"Aye I agree, time is of the essence and we should get moving." Sienna agreed with a nod to Adrynn's words, having heard his conversation about travelling to the Reach her interest was piqued, but it was none of her business what these two warriors did, she had told the Jarl she would assist in destroying the attack force that had fled Whiterun, and she would. When the Redoran offered the carriage Sienna was first to accept the request. "If you would not mind, I will take up the offer... I'm not quite what I used to be unfortunately, and this fight has rather taken it out of me." She was speaking the truth, she was physically and magically exhausted, and so without another word she boarded the carriage and sat closest to the exit. She wouldn't intrude upon the conversations of the warriors unless of course it was she they wished to speak to.

-----

With a bolt the young white steed was out of Windhelms stables and galloping down the cobbled road at breakneck speed, atop it sat the proud figure of Iodiria as she concentrated on the task ahead. She had to find him, be it in the reach or sooner, she rather hoped that he and Faeryn were not already stuck deep in the vastness of the Reach, else her search could become tedious. Shaking off such feelings she enjoyed the rest her legs were being given.

-----

The air around Echo cave was as it had been for so many years... still. A kind of stasis of sorts, no wind filtered past it's entrance, and no traveller ever disturbed it's borders. For this place was once host to Manimarco, King of Worms and his necromancer cult... now the former was gone and the latter had re-populated it's depths once more, if only in a pinch of number.

The air shifted as the cloaked shadow of Morgiah fell across the entrance, a cold chill creeping inwards as she approached. For the Black Queen was almost at home in this place, this little remnant of Necromancy that stood within Cyrodiils borders still. With a small smile she greeted the old man in tattered robes who opened the hatch and crawled out of the cave's depths.

"Morgiah! A pleasure to see you again my Queen." he greeted warmly.

"I am not here to stay, Gregor... I need you to deliver a message to the occupant of Karthspires great temple in Skyrim. I shall not risk the use of an Imperial courier lest they catch on to my involvement with events that transpire within. But this cave has tunnels that lead under the Jeralls and into Skyrim, correct? So you and the disciples here shall be my little mail system for a while, if that isn't too much of a problem. You are all I can trust in this land."

"Of course not, if it is something you require my lady then it shall be done, I shall have one of the acolytes begin his journey straight away." He bowed, turning to head back into the cave.

"Oh and Gregor? I shall know if it is opened, so make sure you send someone trust worthy hmm?" Morgiah's tone was icy and her gaze just as cool. The man smiled weakly and descended back within the depths, Morgiah smirked and turned, mounting her black steed and disappearing once again, back to sink her claws in a little deeper into a few councillors spines...

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Faeryn sat beside Adrynn, across from Sienna, glancing over the rest of the group. With a flick of the reins, the driver spurred the carriage horse onwards, and the cart began rattling down the road to Whiterun. Sandhya, not caring what anyone else thought or said, jumped up on the back of the cart as it rolled away, sitting with her feet and tail dangling off.

----------------------------------------

Velanya's mouth fell open, her burgundy eyes wide in disbelief. This couldn't be mere chance...

"I...eh...um..." she cleared her throat and shook her head, dropping her hand to her side, "Sorry. I ah...didn't expect to see a Marczon around here. Son, I served with Lecuaro on Vvardenfell a long time ago. If you're anything like he was, you must be head and shoulders above your peers. Good to meet you."

She paused and thought about what she had just said. Somehow, her speech had morphed into something quite similar to the way Caius used to talk...

Ra'Qassar had been about to suggest the group get moving when the carriage driver took the words from out of his mouth. He had been glad to meet the warriors who had arrived to help the group, but Whiterun needed them. It was time to head to Labyrinthian and every moment they delayed, the closer the Thalmor could be to acquiring some horrible old artifact.

When the question was raised of who should ride in the carriage, Ra'Qassar counted heads, there was no way they could all fit and the carriage would move far slower if there was more than say 6 riders. He opted to walk and suggested, "Anyone who sustained wounds in the battle, is exhausted or carrying a large amount of gear should ride in the carriage with our new friends. Those of us who travel light will still make about the same time as the carriage." Ra'Qassar then took the lead in front of the carriage. He would have liked to have been able to speak more with his companions, but he also knew the potency of symbolism. Ra'Qassar was the only Khajiit one would see on the plains with a Whiterun shield, and he had made quite a name for himself. Although Balgruuf always wanted all bandits eliminated at a given outpost, Ra'Qassar preferred to leave one alive, marking them by clawing their faces usually, to spread the word that Whiterun hold would not tolerate any affronts to her people. Word traveled fast and the roads always seemed oddly clear when he bore his shield. This would do nothing to deter Thalmor or any of the nastier foes of the hold, but it would reduce the chance for any nuisances along the way to Whiterun.

------------------------------------

The draugr surged from everywhere it seemed. Baltis released a stream of fire toward a group on his left, reducing half of the small group to ash piles. Those on the right he lifted telekinetically and threw at the remainder of the first group. Five draugr stood before him and charged with their weapons raised and frostspells blasting. He smirked as the ice magic was horribly ineffective, shrugging it off like water. He replied by channeling a spell with both hands that resulted in a large line of runic symbols before him that erupted into a furious wall of destructive magic, corroding the draugr weapons and armor as the ancient flesh slowly disintegrated, ashes fluttering into the air like some sort of disturbed smoke. There was still a group behind him of about six draugr, and two of the group he had thrown had managed to pick their bodies back up. And of course, there were still the Death Overlords to deal with. This would be fun.

Suetin Marczon: Karthspire Mountain - Skyhaven Temple Courtyard

Suetin's eyebrows rose when Velanya told him that she had served with the famed legionnaire almost two centuries ago. Indeed, he hadn't even recognized her name in its full capacity when she had first told him. Now, he realized to whom he was speaking.

"Your that Velanya Therys, then? Wow...our family still tells stories about you, along with Adrynn Indarys, Faeryn Sethandas, Sorinyarie, and the Ashlander Serrabinashiah Masseribalit." Suetin said. "Also, since you all were close friends, you might be interested to know that Sorinyarie and Serrabinashiah are still alive and in active service. They're both here in Skyrim helping in the war, and I've served with both of them on occasion. They've told a few stories about you and the others too. If I may, it seems you keep damn fine company. I've never met a sharper battlemage than Sorin or a more resourceful scout than Serra."

Suetin then loosed a heavy sigh and surveyed the corpses and impromptu pyre. "Well, I reckon I'll help you finish this. We need to do it quick before more Forsworn show up at the camp down there wondering what happened to their pals. That's the problem with these guys...you spend several days rooting them out of somewhere, and it's not even a week before they've moved right back in."

-------------------------------

Sorinyarie: Eastmarch - The Road to Whiterun

Sorinyarie had remounted her horse and cantered alongside the carriage on the road's left shoulder. When Adrynn had said that he and Faeryn were going to meet Velanya, her jaw had again slackened in surprise. "Velanya's here too? And at the Karthspire too..." Sorin thought to herself. She could only think of one reason her former fellow Bladeswoman would be there.

Sorinyarie brought her horse a bit closer to the carriage and leaned in so she could talk more quietly to Adrynn and Faeryn. "The Karthspire and Skyhaven Temple have been a Forsworn den for a long time, and those monsters never stay ousted from anywhere for long. If she managed to fight her way up to the temple, she's likely going to have to fight her way back out. Also, it might interest you to know...Lecuaro's great-great-great grandson is a scout in the Legion here - one of the best scouts. His name is Suetin. I've served with him several times, and let me tell you, he's every bit as sharp and creative as Lecuaro. And guess what? Serra's here too, also as a scout in the Legion, and the only scout on par with Suetin in my opinion. I've served with her several times too, She's certainly toughened since Fort Floodgate."

Sorinyarie breathed a contemplated sigh as the magnitude of the situation sunk in deeper. All members of the old gang that were still alive had drifted back together after two centures of separation in the midst of another turbulent war. "I don't know what the gods have planned, but I think there's a reason we've all been drawn here."

Adrynn was quiet as he digested Sorinyarie's news. So Serrabinashiah was still alive and in Skyrim no less. Not to mention Lecuaro's descendant, who apparently was every bit the man his anscestor had been. Adrynn thought back to his vision earlier. Velanya, Iodiria, and the strange Dunmer with no eyes. They were linked with what was going to happen, he was sure. He knew Velanya was, but he never would have guessed Iodiria was still alive, much less a part of this tangled weave of people and places amongst this wretched war.

"Faeryn, tell me. When was the last time you had seen Indoril Iodiria? For the last time I recall, it was when she sent us off to Narsis to follow the Mythic Dawn to Cyrodiil. I have a feeling that she will find us sooner or later. Azura would not have shown her to me otherwise unless she was a part of this," Adrynn said softly, his brows drawn together as he pieced together the news he had received. He rested his hand on his sword, which was once again in his lap.