Wisdom of the Ancestors - An Elder Scrolls RP

AurianaValoria1

Adrynn chuckled and hugged Serrabinashiah back. He couldn't help but be fond of the little scout. She had done so much for them during the Ashlander revolts. And it seems time had only strengthened her.

He grinned and rested his hand on her shoulder. In Velothi, the ancient tongue of Chimer, he said, "By the Three, and by the Four, it is good to see you. May the wind always guide you, and the ash never blind your eyes." Then, switching to the more common tongue of the Cyrodiils, he said, "You are still short, young one, but you have gained more than just height since the last time I saw you," he said with a grin.

Adrynn felt the carraige slow and finally stop before the outer gates of Whiterun. He looked to the carraige driver, who was twisted around and looking at him. The driver took a long drag on his pipe and blew it out.

"Well, we are here. Give me an hour to feed and rest my horses, and we can be off again, if you wish. Or," he said looking longingly at the city, "we could stay the night and continue on tomorrow."

Adrynn turned to Ra'Qassar, then to Faeryn. "This is where we make our choice old friend. Do we stay to help our new companions, or be off to the Reach?"

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gates of Whiterun were a welcome sight for the Khajiit, but he knew that he could not stay. They had enough supplies to make the journey to Labyrinthian and the tools to gather more along the way, there was no time to stop and relax. When Adrynn looked at him and queried Faeryn, Ra'Qassar involuntarily held his breath. He had already figured that the Dunmer would not accompany himself and the rest of the party, but if they would, this mission would be far less difficult and treacherous. He had only got a sampling of what they could do, but with them and the battlemage, they could tear through the Thalmor, Labyrinthian and all.

----------------------------

Baltis searched the chamber he was in. There was a great throne, the place where Morokai had held court, a word wall and several old sculptures and statues. The crusted blood stains belonged to a group of conjurers, Daedra worshipers really. Their tattered robes were falling apart as the moths ate the linen and cotton. He examined a door, long eaten away by worms, that lead into a crypt area. This was wear the collapse had occurred. A few years ago, Baltis had heard about an avalanche near Labyrinthian. This was how the Daedra worshipers had entered the chamber, through an ancient shortcut for servants, unlocked by Arnand all those years ago. The avalanche had caved in the exit though, and it wasn't long after that that the draugr found the conjurers. Llervu knew that the conjurers were Daedra worshipers based on a little shrine they had created. It was riddled with daedric markings, all in blood, they formed a triangle surrounding a mark of oblivion, within that mark lay a daedra heart. Baltis sneared with the remaining flesh on his decrepit face. Dagon. He remembered the Daedra well. His damnable Mythic Dawn had been quite the pain for Baltis. Following that little event, and the battle at Azura's shrine with a Redoran warrior, all the Daedra had sought to destroy, subdue or otherwise hinder the lich. He repaid them in kind. Many years ago some blathering idiot learned that he was the descendant of a Mythic Dawn agent and decided to open a museum in Dawnstar. No one knows exactly what befell him, but the museum was burnt to the ground. Baltis himself had no clue what happened to the curator, he was disappointed that he couldn't have killed the bastard himself though; he did know, however, that the fire required no accelerants.

Faeryn sighed, having thought about the khajiit's request the entire time. He was silent for many moments, but at last, he spoke.

"We have a prior obligation to our friend, Adrynn. I think it would be unwise to tarry in meeting her...she contacted us for a reason, and is likely depending on our timely arrival. Those are my feelings on the matter."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Velanya crossed her arms and shifted her weight to one foot, "Take that letter to your commander and then return as quickly as possible. By the time you get back, I'll have another message ready for you to ferry. You won't be seeing any action for some time, I hope, but I want you to keep your eyes peeled for Thalmor and Forsworn movements."

She waved her hand as if to shoo him, "Talos be with you."

A dark shadow was cast over the stone floor of the courtyard as Velanya dismissed the Imperial, and from the edges of the gloomily lit mountaintop came a heavily robed figure who shuffled towards the Dunmer, a slight glow to his eyes as he moved his neck to look at the woman before him, a gnarled hand extending a finely sealed letter, bearing a seal of purple wax, stamped with a generic pattern so to hide the owner.

"Stay your blade miss Therys... I bring word from The Black Queen, all documented in this... She told me that I am to become a personal courier of sorts... so that these messages are not... Disrupted." With each pause he drew in heavily and spoke again in a raspy voice, struggling for air each time his frail body stopped quivering as it warmed by the fire.

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Adrynn nodded to Faeryn's response. He had expected as much from the dutiful Ordinator. But something was nagging at him... He couldn't help but feel the itch to explore these Labyrinthian ruins and help this band of adventurers in the quest. His brand burned softly in his palm. He absentmindedly rubbed it with his fingers.

"Aye Faeryn, as much as I agree, something is pulling me to go with these adventurers. I cannot help but think that Azura is the one behind it." As he said it, the faint sweet scent of roses enveloped him, causing him to wrinkle his nose in distaste. He had long become sickened at the scent, because Azura had used it so often to warn or remind him that he was hers, whether he wanted to be or not.

He took off his right gauntlet and slid the ring from his first finger, offering it to Faeryn. "If you wish to go to Velanya, then take this with you, as a token that you have seen me. I will return for it when I can, as it is precious to me." He looked down at the silver banded ring with the House Redoran crest engraved into the ruby inset into it. Garila, his long dead wife, had given it to him as a wedding present.

"I have no choice but to go to Labyrinthian, my old friend. Azura is pushing me there, for whatever reason. And I cannot refuse her. Not this time..."

You learn quickly, my child... Azura's voice softly whispered in his mind.

It is not by choice, but necessity, as you are feckle and petty, my Lady, Adrynn retorted.

So you think, Adrynn, but it is not without reason or purpose.

Adrynn frowned, scowling at his palm. Azura's musical chuckle filled his mind.

Ra'Qassar's face remained emotionless throughout Adrynn and Faeryn's conversation, but internally he frowned and smiled alternately. When it was concluded, Ra'Qassar hailed the party, "Does anyone require resupply? If so, we should be quick, Warmaiden's is just inside the main gate for any blacksmithing needs, the general store is at the end of that same street, in the Plains District, along side the alchemy shop. We should get going as soon as possible I think. Who knows what the Thalmor have found by now." Ra'Qassar felt a little guilty for dragging Adrynn on this adventure, but he was puzzled by the Redoran's Azura remark, and he was honored by the commitment he placed on their mission.

------------------------------

Llervu moved on from the symbols, these were Dagon's old worshipers, he was one of the three Daedra he hated the most. He was after only Azura in his eyes for tricking him into helping that legion commander and his cohort of Blades. Meridia's pompous demeanor also won her no love from the lich, regardless of her distaste for him, but that still wasn't much on the other two. Baltis set to work illustrating to Dagon how much he disliked the Prince. He reanimated the bodies of the long dead worshipers and sent them soldiering through the maze to gather information about the draugr. They wouldn't be attacked, but they could be his eyes. He also had them begin dismantling the various altars and shrines constructed to Dagon.

Hours past, then days, still nothing. Perhaps the ancient stronghold had been picked clean of any portable relic, but there was still knowledge within the halls. Baltis decided that, until circumstances changed, this would be his new home. Tel Olmes had survived the Red Year and the Argonian invasion only to slowly sink into the inland sea. It was just as well he supposed. It would be nigh impossible for anyone to find unless they had already been there his personal possessions were all enchanted to withstand whatever punishment the elements might give them and they were well hidden. Only a truly worthy individual could uncover his journals and musings. He had been a nomad for the better part of the fourth era, it was time to take up a residence again.

Then he felt it. A great magical power. Some artifact. It called to him like a beating heart. He moved swiftly through the dungeon towards where it came from. Near the great rushing river within the old stone walls. Then as sudden as it had appeared, it disappeared. He was furious. An unfortunate, undead servant approached him and was rewarded with a blast of fire that disintegrated it to ash. Llervu returned to his study, the seat of Morokei, and was outraged to see the symbols fresh with blood. He had ordered it cleared days ago. When he was about to blast the chunk of stone into Oblivion itself, he paused. There was the daedra heart, but the oblivion symbol was no longer in blood, it was formed by several shards of metal. He cocked his head to the side and felt a chill that could be felt even in undeath.

Edited by Zephyr Kronos

Suetin Marczon: Karthspire Mountain - Skyhaven Temple Courtyard

"Alright, then." Suetin said simply as he turned to leave down through the Karthspire. No sense in going down the mountainside when the easier path was available.

The trip would span a couple hours' time, provided he didn't have to deal with any more Forsworn or Thalmor.

-----------------------------------

Sorinyarie and Serrabinashiah Masseribalit: Whiterun Hold - Outside Whiterun City

Sorinyarie's brow furrowed in curiosity upon learning of the group's intention to head into the Labyrinthian and prevent the Thalmor from seizing whatever artifact may lay inside. She could tell that the group was hardy and that their goals were at least somewhat affable, and even though she longed to see Velanya, she couldn't help but think that they would need all the magical expertise they could get in this endeavor. The battlemage stole a long, panged look toward the Reach before announcing her decision.

"Faeryn, Serra's been all over the reach just like Suetin, knows it like the back of her hand. If the carriage ride goes bad, listen to her. She'll keep you alive. As for me, I think I had better accompany Adrynn and the rest of them to the Labyrinthian. They're going to need all the magical help they can get if they're going into a place like that - the Thalmor are capable of many arcane terrors, and the Labyrinthian itself is alive with magicka." Sorinyarie said.

When Serra had learned that Velanya was still alive, new nostalgic tears began streaming down her cheeks. The little scout well remembered her journeys with the old Legionnaire back on Vvardenfell and the bond that had formed between them. Sorinyarie's sudden choice of detour slightly took her aback, but she understood the Altmer's decision; delving into the Labyrinthian was no small affair. She looked at Faeryn with one of the most convicted looks she had ever worn.

"Faeryn, come Forsworn, Thalmor, or Oblivion itself, we're going to reach Velanya - whether by carriage or by foot." Serra said, her face etched with a stoicness she hadn't felt in over two centuries.

"Very good," Velanya said, taking the necromancer's delivery. She didn't necessarily approve of Morgiah's messengers, but she had little say in the matter, "Better stay here and rest a while, old man."

She moved inside the temple, finding the old desk and opening the letter to read its contents. After absorbing the information, she burned the letter with a Flames spell, took up some parchment and a quill, and began writing a letter of her own.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faeryn took Adrynn's ring and nodded solemnly, "You'll get it back, friend."

Placing a gloved hand on the tiny Serrabinashiah's shoulder, he smiled down at her, "That I believe."

Nodding to the driver, the Ordinator added, "Looks like it is just us two heading to Markarth, then."

"Aye," the driver said, pulling on his pipe and switching the reins, "Better keep going, then. Giddy-up, girl."

As the carriage began to roll away again, Sandhya jumped off of the back and next to Ra'Qassar, "This one will go to Labyrinthian as well. Much treasure there is to be found there, or so this one has heard."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Sorinyarie: Whiterun Hold - Outside Whiterun City

"Wait a second!" Sorinyarie called as she galloped up alongside the carriage for a moment. She unfastened the amulet that hung from her neck - an old amulet that her mother had given her when she was a small child. "Give this to Velanya as proof that you met me. She'll recognize it. I'll get it back in due time." Sorin said as she put it in the seat beside Faeryn before turning to the others.

Adrynn silently stood next to Sandhya and Ra'Qassar, his sword in its scabbard resting on his wide pauldron, and his pack slung over the other. He sighed as the carraige creakily rolled toward the Reach. He hated the delay he felt in not being able to meet up with his cousin. But whatever Azura must think he needed to see or experience in the Labyrinthian, he wished to hastily find it.

He turned to the Khajiiti Thane. "I need not resupply, as I still have most of what I brought with me from Morrowind. If no one else needs to, let us continue. I wish to reunite with my companions sooner rather than later."

He knew he wore a deep scowl. It was more vexation at Azura than at this journey. But he could not summon the will to remove it. He sighed and strapped his sword to his belt, then tightened the straps of his pack.

You owe me an explanation, my Lady.

It will come in time, young one...

Adrynn knew she would say that.