Wondering if I can run enb textures

DeathKyber

Hello I'm pretty new to the whole gaming pc stuff, mods and the like. I am also hoping I posted this in the correct area, if not I apologize. However, I'm just wondering if i can get to the somewhat super realistic textures and mods on my setup.

Keeping in mind that i haven't actually ordered my pc parts outside of my case, HDD, and OS. (That is a whole different story.) So what i have here can be subjected to change keeping in mind i have a somewhat minimal budget for my graphics card.

The build:

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Evga Super Clocked GeForce GTX 660

AMD FX-6350 Vishera 3.9GHz Socket AM3+ 125W

8 Gb DDR3 1866 RAM from G.Skill (Ripjaw if it matters)

Any kind of elaborated suggestions are more than welcome xD

Edited by DeathKyber

Have you ordered these parts yet? I say you could do some HD textures, That card is a little better than gtx 580 fps wise, but very little. You can go mostly 2k though get 1k when its not a huge difference in quality. You probably can't do lush trees and grass, but should be able to do a modest enb profile with ease. I'd say you would range 30-60 fps with a few dips here and there, but I'm no pro so don't take only my word on it.

No i haven't actually bought any of the parts yet, this is a bit of a built up template a friend of mine gave me. I then took it and worked around my budget and tuned it up a bit, my budget for a graphics card is about 200 to a possible 250. This was a cheaper card on new egg due to some sort of instant discount. Though, I seem to be stuck in the 660 series, id even be willing to look into amd though i know more about Nvidia, than the later.

Any kind of better suggestions for a graphics card in my budget range would be appreciated. I am also looking at a Asus AMD HD 7870

Edited by DeathKyber

Well if your not afraid of buying used parts off forums or ebay/craigslist I would go that way. It seems I was looking at the wrong card a gtx 580 is still slightly better than that 660. The card isn't that bad though. Ocn is an awesome site for general info and I use them alot for bartering buying parts very trustworthy community.

As for used cards in that range look on ocn appraisals and their video card marketplace to see what 250 can get you.

All the parts you listed are better than my current rig by a considerable margin, and I run Skyrim at an average of 40+ frames in most outdoor locations, 60 frames or just below indoors, and around 30-40 frames while running a pretty good ENB (currently using RealVision). I'm also currently using the Skyrim Ultra HD texture pack combined with Skyrim HD and another pack which retextures smaller items.

I use a tool called SMCO to reduce texture size with almost no visible dip in quality, and a tool called Skyrim Config to tweak a bunch of other options for performance. I would highly recommend turning anti-aliasing to 0 and just turn on FXAA instead. For me, at least, the performance difference is pretty big, and the difference in quality is hardly noticeable. I also have shadow resolution set to 1024x1024; Skyrim's shadows look pretty terrible regardless of settings, so in my opinion, it's not really worth having it any higher than necessary.

Point is, you can squeeze more performance out of Skyrim with the right tools and approach.