Less guns using MCM?

taro8

Hi folks.

I decided to try to create a mod that will make firearms rarer. I want to make guns really important by removing their abundance from the game. I want to make player crafted weapons more important (Junk Weapons mod and such).

I know that Project Nevada managed to include an MCM options to control rarity of items like ammo or food . I would like to do something like this for guns.

I looked through GECK and I think that the best way is to make gun rarity based on their type (OneHandPistol, OneHandPistolEnergy, TwoHandAutomatic, etc.). This way the weapons added by mods will be affected as well. Also player would have more control over with types of guns will be rarer.

I have found a tutorial about how to add options to MCM and I will take a look at how PN did their stuff and try to adapt it to my idea.

Any comments, tips, ideas?

If you were able to change the weapons carried by raiders and bandits to melee weapons and put the firearms for the NCR and Legion at low durability, that would be awesome. That would definitely make New Vegas a more realistic experience where scavenging is more important. If you made this into a mod I would definitely download it.