Creating a (2 state) Activator

RoNin1971

Ok, now THAT is COOL! :D

For whatever reason, I can't play the video from google drive, I have to download it, and it plays perfectly fine in VLC media player....... I just get the toilet bowl swirly in the google drive page. :D

Thats odd. Perhaps because its in full-hd ....

Its obsolete now anyway, i uploaded it to youtube and added it to the mod page in the mean time ;)

Well, I just came up with my next attempt, which isn't a lever ...

For my vault mod i created a sort of engineering hall, with the workbenches, PA stands and dressed it up with a crane/chain hoist like construction. I always had this thought: Wish I could make it 'functional'.

...and actually, I can. Combined with a button or one of the levers. Perhaps 2. 1 to make the mechanism move horizontal and a second one to lower/raise the chain+hook ... hmmm

In my case it would just be 'functional dressing', but it might even be possible to put it to some real use, where you need to hoist something up and move it to a different place or something.

edit:

My research into the .hkx data and events will just have to wait a "little" longer :wink:

edit2:

Then again, animating a chain would be hell to accomplish. A cable would be better. But that might not need an animated nif. just 2 splines to stretch, attached to the engine on top and the hook below. Pretty much like the elevator carts on highways. Need to think about it a bit more.

Edited by RoNin1971