Anyone want to try this?

space butler

Is anyone planning on making some sort of 'realistic' dismemberment mod? I've been thinking that the dismemberment system in the game could do with a few tweaks, such as being able to blow limbs,etc. off a target but not killing them outright. For example blowing someones leg off would not kill them, rather they would drop to the ground and crawl after you (in the case of a pissed off enemy) or scream for help (innocents),etc. I think this would add a little more depth to the combat,which is already awesome. I don't have any modding experience and not enough time to learn, so is anyone interested in picking this idea up and giving it a shot?

Yeah I know it's a fair bit of work, but I think it would make the combat that bit more fun. Besides, it's something other than another 'new skin for...' or 'realistic weapon names'. I know that the GECK only came out a short time ago, so hopefully the mod scene for Fallout 3 starts to get a little more creative. It's kinda boring at the moment to be honest (from what i've seen on nexus top 50 anyway). There's some good stuff there, but like I said weapon retextures and the like dont really do it for me. I much prefer mods that make the game feel better. They are the reason I still play Oblivion even though it's a few years old AND I've already played it to death on console.

Anyway, if anyone can be bothered making it I would love to see this mod out there. Anyone else think this is a worthwhile idea for a mod?

Archived