Mismatched face and body color.

RieFairy

So I know this topic is very old, and probably has been answered numerous times, but I need help.

I've Googled around, and I have done the most recommended things (Archive Invalidated, checked for "bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1".) I've uninstalled texture mods individually then all at once to see which one is the issue, even uninstalled armor mods, but the mismatched faces and bodies are still present.

I took a quick screenshot to show the exact issue I'm having, just for reference.

http://i44.tinypic.com/vhvk9l.jpg

You can see that the colors on her body (arms, fingers, etc.) and her face color are totally different. This was taken with all face/skin textures off. Any ideas?

RieFairy - Hello!

Did you add the line:

bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1

To the correct .ini file?

As it's common to mistakenly edit the Fallout_default. ini that's in the Fallout 3 folder.

The one you want to change is:

For XP:

My Documents\My Games\Fallout3\

For Vista & Win7:

Documents\My Games\Fallout3

The file you want will be called:

FALLOUT.ini

If you have added/changed that line in the correct .ini then the other common cause for head body mismatch is NPC's added by .esp's.

NPC's end up with mismatched bodies & heads unless added by .esm's.

But that NPC is vanilla from Arefu, so unless you've got a mod changing her, that seems unlikely.

Are you using a body replacer? If so, make sure you've got a compatible armor replacer. Type 3 for instance needs something like:

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/5326

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Edited by prensa

Thank you for replying, Prensa!

The armors I have that aren't vanilla are compatible with the body I use (Type 3 Alice), and the bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1 line is in the right ini. I've double and triple checked this. I noticed something when playing last night. It was only fair skinned caucasian people in the game who had this discoloration. Anyone of a different race didn't have this discoloration between the face and body. At first I thought it was just female characters who had the discoloration, but then I saw a male raider with the same discoloration.

Also, my character is completely fine; her face and body colors match. It's only affecting the NPCs.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: Just noticed a few darker skinned people with discolored skin between their face and body, but it was at least within the realm of the same shade as their face. So it's really only noticeable on caucasians, with the face texture you see in the above screenshot and the yellow looking skin.

Edited by RieFairy

RieFairy - Hello!

Are you using any cosmetic/face changing mods? Could be causing the mismatch.

If you are, try turning off those mods & see in game if the NPC's are okay.

If the obvious suspects have no effect, does the problem persist when all your mods are off?

Does the problem just occur when NPC's are clothed or is it there also when you remove their clothes.

Prensa