Trouble downloading BOSS

CaptainPatch

Probably something absurdly simple that I'm doing wrong. I searched BOSS which got me to http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6//?

But when I click Download (manual), what I get is that the Files tab opens with the message "No files have been uploaded yet." So I scrolled down to "BOSS can be downloaded from its Google Code page" https://code.google.com/p/better-oblivion-sorting-software/downloads/list There, if I click on the 2nd line for the Installer https://code.google.com/p/better-oblivion-sorting-software/downloads/detail?name=BOSS%20v2.1.1%20Installer.exe&can=2&q= and then set it to RUN, what I get is a UI that looks like two pages shown simultaneously, one on top of the other. One page looks like the BOSS log page, but I really can't figure out what the other page is that is dumps its text (with a transparent background) directly on top. What I see is an incomprehensible jumble of text.

I got the feeling is that all I need is a different location to download BOSS, other than the Google Code page.

[i should mention that this is for the wife's PC. We decided to spring for her own copy of Skyrim, and so I'm trying to set up all the necessary mods and plugins so that we can smoothly transfer her Saves from my PC to hers. Which sort of suggests that I need to duplicate the mods mix. But Cleaning and such is going to be problematic if I can't get a working copy of BOSS installed.]

Edited by CaptainPatch

I understand that there is a lack of direction in the description page on the nexus and the actual download page, you need to download both files. You need the archive because that is where everything is located and the installer, so you can install the archive.

I was wondering why there were two files listed. I'll download the other and see if that clears up the problem.

Any idea what's happening with the "Download (manual" popping up a "No files have been uploaded" message?

UPDATE: I've added the Archive folder, and that part seems to work fine. But BOSS.exe still takes me to a HTML layout that looks like two distinctly different webpages are attempting to be seen simultaneously, one page on top of the other. [Wish I could somehow take a snapshot and post it so you could see the jumbled mess. Using Clipboard only picks up one of the pages because the other one can't be interacted with (other than seeing its text).] If I set the GUI to show text only instead of HTML, that reports okay, but text-only doesn't feel quite as useful as a HTML layout. (Maybe I just got spoiled seeing BOSS on my PC.)

Really would like to sort BOSS out before I start installing several score of mods.

FURTHER UPDATE: It turns out that my wife -- who does quite a bit in the way of graphic arts and has umpteen software suites -- had set Dreamweaver to be her HTML vehicle. BOSS, it seems, prefers to use a web browser to post the BOSS logs. All that was necessary to correct the glitch was to reset the HTML default to be the web browser that I use most frequently. (Chrome, as it happens.)

NOW THE DOWNLOADS BEGIN IN EARNEST!

Edited by CaptainPatch

• 1 year later...
guy,only download this file,this file is the BOSS installation,after install this only start BOSS userlist manager!

And it's now working !

if don't work search manualy for the BOSS.exe in "C:/BOSS"

or your instalation folder of your "BOSS"!

i think i've helped you !

if not tell me!

Edited by dhyowbr1