The web based (extended) Perk Tree mod generator(s)

Bertilsson

A while back I created a web tool for generating XCom toolboks custom perk tree mods.

http://hem.bredband.net/bertrich/XCOM/PerkGen.htm

It is a very basic editor for customizing the standard XCom perk trees and outputs a mod which can be installed using toolboks.

Later I created an updated version compatible with amineris Enhanced Perk tree mod v0.91 which increase the number of possible perks to 3 per rank.

http://hem.bredband.net/bertrich/XCOM/ExtendedPerkGen.htm

The latest version also includes the Enhanced Perk tree mod v0.91 itself in order to make it easier to use and to avoid conflicts with the built in perk tree editor in toolboks.

amineri has also created a newer prototype version of the Enhanced Perk tree mod which is currently only available in Long War mod 1.9 Beta which is not compatible with the installer included in the latest version of the web tool.

A Long War 1.9 beta-compatible version without the conflicting installer can be found here:

http://hem.bredband.net/bertrich/XCOM/ExtendedPerkGenv097.htm

FAQ

If toolboks already has a very good built in editor for perk trees, why use an additional tool, that requires toolboks?

However there are many situations where the toolboks built in editor is a better alternative and I personally would recommend a combination of both depending on what you want to do.

Why a different thread for this?

• Since this is technically not a mod, it is just a web tool for modders, it did not seem logical to upload it as a mod.
  • Since it has no thread of it own it tends to generate more or less off topic discussions in other threads where it becomes very difficult to follow. So let's try to keep discussions and questions regarding these web tools in this thread from now on :smile:
Edited by Bertilsson

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bertilsson, excellent tool as I've mentioned before and it's great to see you continually improving it! :smile:

I think I saw somewhere that you tested compatibility with the integrated ToolBoks Perk Tree Builder and they both worked ok?

Bertilsson - said this in another thread, but thanks again for the great tool.

perchance is the sniper class tree "default" set up for 1.9 long war beta reversed in some parts, or an older iteration of the 1.9 tree?.

disableing shot, snap shot and double tap are showing in perk 3 slot, which if i understand correctly (take sprinter rank 1, perk2) would fall into the scout listings and not the sniper. Battle scanner is in perk 0, therefore only allowed for rank 1, perk 1 squadsight (sniper) class.

might be im just looking at it wrong.

Think of it this way:

Perk 0 is sniper only

Perk 3 is scout only

The rest in the middle is available to both scout and sniper.

I got the layout from amineri around the time Long War 1.9 beta1 was released, so it is possible there have been changes after that or that some mistakes got in there.

If you find anything incorrect, send me link to corrected perktree and I will update it :)

The sniper-scout tree is definitely messed up there for Long War's defaults.

Sorry about the mix-up. I just threw together the listing really quick-like and didn't verify it (stuff is still in flux). The Scout and sniper perk mix-up = 100% my fault.

The link of Zybertryx's looks closer, although a little bird told me that the Long War perk tree will be adjusted slightly for the beta5 version.