Skyrim V SKSE not working?

adriane13

Okay you guys, I need some help. After scouring the internet, I couldn't really find a solution, and due to absolutely no computer programming knowledge I'm at a dead end. I get "TESV.exe - Entry Point Not Found" as a popup, with the text "The procedure entry point D3DX9_43.#148 could not be located in the dynamic link library d3dx9_42.dll." What does this mean? I've done auto installing of SKSE with the installer on silverlock, and when that failed I got WinRAR and did it myself manually, still no success. I've had SKSE before a hard drive crash in the past, so it couldn't be a computer issue, could it? The only other issue would be that I very recently switched from steam mods to nexus. Could that cause a conflict? Is there a fix, or do I go the nuclear option and delete everything and start from scratch? Thank you!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

guys i having problem with SKSE, yesterday i was playing skyrim then my laptop shut itself down due overheat. When i try to open SKSE the next day, it give me a error called ' Skyrim is not working anymore'.

But i able to open the launcher and play the game without the SKSE. I set my skyrim folder to administrator but didnt help solve it.

• 1 month later...

hey so i followed the recommended video and installed skse 3 times and every time i try to open skyrim with the skse launcher i get an error message that says "The file or directory is corrupt and unreadable" please someone help fix this I just want to use skyui

Edited by lunasanguine

I was having the issue of having SKSE not work (sometimes), even though I thought I had done everything right to install it. It was working about fifty percent of the time and I couldn't figure out what the difference was.

Turns out that I had missed a line in the readme (I think it was the readme) that said something like:

STEAM MUST BE ACTIVE THE ENTIRE TIME.

So now, if I connect to Steam before I click on the shortcut that starts up SKSE and my modded Skyrim, everything works just fine (or at least SKSE does). What was happening before, I guess, was that I was just clicking on the shortcut, which would then start up the game, which activates Steam, and I thought this was good enough. This is the wrong order of actions. Start up Steam, THEN click on your SKSE shortcut. I've done this maybe twenty times now and SKSE hasn't failed me once since I started doing it.

So when they say THE ENTIRE TIME they mean THE ENTIRE TIME.

I hope this helps somebody.

• 2 weeks later...