⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim V SKSE not working?

adriane13

Same problem. It was running fine last night from the skse_loader_exe shortcut with 5 mods (SkyUI, and the 4 "unofficial patches"). The mods are in the correct load order, and I have I have tried running SKSE as administrator, with the same precise result.

Has there been a patch released today, or am I missing something else?

Edited by Myetel

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having the same issue as others here. None of the suggested fixes have helped. I have some mods I need to finish up these next couple weeks. I've used SKSE before but never had this problem. I don't know what to do except hope for a fix.

• 2 weeks later...

You need to go into your Skyrim directory, find SKSE and set it to run as administrator. The SKSE notes in the Skyrim directory held the answer. Hope this helps, it worked for me.

THANKYOUTHANKTHANKYOUTHANKTYOUTHANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEEN PULLING MY HAIR OUT OVER THIS!!!! you are dragonborn!!!

@Grossman8 -

I have the feeling this game doesn't get the traffic it once did, so im afraid I might be screwed

We have 20 dedicated servers that are capable of 8000 concurrent downloads - They are ALL currently overloaded with mostly people downloading mods for Skyrim. We are seeing around 14,000 new sign ups a DAY for the last week ( caused by the Steam Summer sale) Most of those are looking for Skyrim mods. How much traffic do we need? :pinch:

Based on what we saw in Oblivion, the traffic will taper off over a period around 4 to 6 YEARS, and there is still a good Oblivion user base here 8 years after it was first released - there is even a smaller fan base ( far fewer people played it when it was out) for Morrowind that is still active in making mods. So don't count Skyrim out yet. :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

I had a problem along these lines for a couple of days just after I downloaded LOOT and the Skyrim editor. Everything was running ok until LOOT told me that Unofficial updates were dirty and needed TESVedit (or something like that). I watched a video on how to use the editor and cleaned the files. I used LOOT to set the load order. When I started the game from NMM with SKSE Skyrim started ok but the Sky UI didn't work.

I'll cut this short, the load order got screwed up. Steam needs to start BEFORE SKSE I discovered. That was my temporary fix.

If anyone knows how to set the load order so I don't have to manually start steam please post a reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Part of the problem with SKSE running may be be due to a different problem entirely. I uninstalled SKSE, but my game still crashed after the logo while launching the game through Steam.

My personal problem was due to have both the Unofficial High Res Patch and Project Reality mods both install. They conflicted and caused the game to crash. Check that to see if any mods you my have are conflicting, particularly mods involving graphics.

• 2 weeks later...

When i launch the game it start for awhile then just stops

You probably have a bad mod. Go to NMM, Disable all active mods, Then one by one enable your mods, thats what I do when my game stops working and it usually works. i saw that nobody responded to you so i took the liberty of doing it myself, hope i helped you.

I had the same problem, I was freaking out cause i thought i had a virus from downloading Misao.exe. I decided to check my taskbar and saw "Facebook, Steam, Utorrent, AOL" all that junk. so i closed out of them all. After closing all running programs, i rebooted my computer, came on these forums asking why my SKSE wont work, as I am typing "WTF WHY WONT SKSE WORK" Skyrim randomly starts itself and is running better than ever. So if any of you are still having problems, i recommend restarting Steam, and any other applications you have in your taskbar. then restart your computer.