Be the High King

Elmore2070

I always felt like this would be an amazing feature, to become the high king of skyrim. To create your own faction and declare yourself the true emperor by right as dragonborn. But I was astonished when I could find no such mod on the nexus. A modder could do so much with a theme such as that, they could put in a fully fledged army system, perhaps with the ability to customise your soldier's uniforms and weapons. Beggining by creating a small force and taking a fort, and moving on to persuading Jarl Balgruuf to join your cause. The blades would probably somewhat of a focus aswell, would they be loyal to the emperor that they served during their times of war? Or would they side with the dragonborn, as the original dragonguard of Reman Cyrodil would have? I think it would be a really amazing mod and I just hope someone has made/will make this mod, for all us roleplayers out there!

Trust me, this mod has been on the wishlist of most Skyrim gamers and modders since Skyrim came out. The main trouble is that it's a lot of work to pull off. Also, until the relatively recent announcement that Dragonborn was the last DLC, modders had to contend with the fact that there could be new sweeping changes to the game that would throw off any serious modding work they attempted.

Now, such a mod is far more viable, but it will still require a lot of work and no small amount of skill and patience. I don't doubt that such a mod will be made eventually, but there's no telling how long it will take.

One of the biggest problems would be giving each npc dialogue for when you become the High King, and also giving them AI Data packages for how they should behave when you are the High King. Who knows maybe a few Stormcloaks try the rebelion thing again, or you get challenged.

I agree it would be amazing, and I've wanted it, but just a rough estimate, there's likely enough work hours available in a project like that to occupy a full team of modders for about a month of work and that's not even considering their day jobs and family responsibilities. IE: there should have been the High King DLC released.

One might say why not divide all the work to be done and let say 50-100 of the best modders work on it. That could work in an ideal world where data conflicts don't exist, but when you have that many people working on it you're extremely likely to get an infestation of bugs.

I would be willing to work on something like this, but I'd never have it done well most people were still playing the game (Hell I occasionally, mod still for NWN, D2, Morrowind, and even all the way back to Duke Nukem 3D, but the playerbase now a days is almost extinct for those games.)

Either/both, depending the player's eventual goal, I understand that these would most likely be two completely different mods, but becoming high king and then moving on to an imperial claim could possibly be an advantageous move.

Ah, well I'm no modder so I can't do anything, but I would definitely like to see something like this made!