File server issues and consolidation

Dark0ne

To my knowledge financially the site is in good shape. Dark0ne is taking steps to reduce the costs of operations due to currency fluctuations in a volatile market place.

From an economic standpoint, you try to pay the least for the most, [more bang for the buck]. With the current exchange rate the server moves saves money and they are in fact faster servers with a higher bandwidth capabilities. As the current [high cost server] leases/contracts expire they will be replaced with the newer and less expensive options available.

Better service for all.......unless you are independently wealthy or have been living under a rock or in your parents basement. The global economy is is the toilet.....small signs of improvement are on the horizon but a turnaround is months away. Revenues from advertisement are down as a result.....these pay for most of the sites expenses, those who advertise won't pay as much when the economic outlook is poor and limit how much they do advertise and limit where......when the economy is strong they advertise everywhere, when it is weak they target market their ads for a better ratio of return.

Just look at the ads here on the nexus, almost all are for games and gaming.......a few months ago you were seeing ads from fortune 500 companies as well. These have since almost disappeared from the internet. Their target markets are better served on televiosion and radio and not on gaming sites.

• 3 months later...
do you take donations to assist in covering the costs of operation? i know its hard on free-content providers when advertising drops, and i've seen first hand the damage from my parents' business(even though they're getting really old now). So i sympathize..the option for free access is a luxury that i am thankful the nexus provides.

Hey you guys ever consider swapping over to 1and1 as a provider. They are cheaper and in alot of cases better than Namecheap. As well as you can get 3 months free and vouchers for adword, adcenter, and yahoo marketing.

http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/Home;jses...e=1247511062814

Not to be advertising, of course. I would just like to see the site move a bit faster than it recently has been for everyone.

They even have domain transfers and if you call and speak with them, they can give you bigger plans than the ones they show on the site. And you can haggle with them. I've done it' before ^^