GTA V coming soon, hopefully pc in the near future to (:

Thor.

It's mine! right now!!! :smile:

This is the situation in my country (Italy): The day for the official release is today, I bought my copy at a store specializing very well known here in Italy. Talking to the guy in this shop, he told me that some "centers" have broken on day one and GTA was on sale yesterday. Officially this is punished by the distributor of the game but these "centers" (with great economic and financial power) they prefer to pay the financial penalty but have the exclusive right to sell. This penalty is balanced in a very simple way, raise the prices of other items and so recover the costs.

I don't know if this's true or not but that guy seemed really worried about this.

@Jim: So? Your first impression?

Quite impressed so far, the car handling is an improvement on the GTA4 shopping trolleys, the gunplay is better, the humour is back and it looks good when you consider the age of the hardware it's running on.

I agree with what you said. But there is a problem with the textures. An annoying pop-up with objects and textures, I do a little research on the Internet and discovered that programmers have released an announcement on Twitter.

"Do not install the disk -Play-"

The installation appears to hinder a proper broadcast streaming textures. This is only a problem for XBox, I don't know how many discs are there for PS3.
After installing 8Gb for the first disc, and 8Gb for the second I noticed this annoying problem.

I don't know how they will solve this problem but I will have to uninstall the second disk. :(

I agree with what you said. But there is a problem with the textures. An annoying pop-up with objects and textures, I do a little research on the Internet and discovered that programmers have released an announcement on Twitter.

"Do not install the disk -Play-"

The installation appears to hinder a proper broadcast streaming textures. This is only a problem for XBox, I don't know how many discs are there for PS3.

After installing 8Gb for the first disc, and 8Gb for the second I noticed this annoying problem.

I don't know how they will solve this problem but I will have to uninstall the second disk. :sad:

I was lucky, I saw that just before my game arrived so I never installed the play disk. It runs great but I have to use headphones to cover the noise of the 360. :-(

Still the lack of anti aliasing is obviously clear, doesn't by any means push the ps3 to its limit, that was reserved for Metal gear. Field of view is limited, but the nice sun glare and light shaft is a nice touch, still nothing new.

Overall still give it a 10 out of 10 for the sheer depth of the game, 18gb download was small considering what content it provides,

Edited by Thor.

Since Max Payne 3 was around 14GB on console and 29GB on PC, GTA V will probably be a 35GB download when it comes out. I think I may have to purchase the disc on account of a lack of fiber optic internet in my area :laugh: . All the gameplay and talk about it is making it very hard to wait.

I might reserve for the collectors edition for pc. One thing i find about gta v, is the controls are sometimes sluggish and refuse to respond sometimes, no matter the button smashing :D

Edited by Thor.

• 3 weeks later...

Also the ps3 version is far superior, no pop ins and the loading is pretty quick considering the scope of the game, clean gameplay through and through, the digital copy is worth mentioning to for ps3. Its almost perfect if it wasn't for the lack of aa.

almost no texture pop ins :smile: I am almost considering getting a ssd for the ps3, maybe black friday. One thing that bottlenecks any cpu is the thrashing of the HD.

Might get a samsung for it, a 500gb ssd.

Edited by Thor.