NMM, SKSE and Fomod

Hoamaii

Hi guys,

Recently, mods that include Fomod installation options - such as COT for instance - have stopped showing me the options when i install them with NMM which instead installs all the included files to my data directory. This forces me to manually pick up the files I want and create a custom .7z if I want to use NMM installer.

Fomod enabled mods used to install fine until I recently installed SKSE and SkyUI, I don't know if it has anything to do with this but that's the only major change I can think of. SKSE works fine and MCM too - only the mods that use Fomod are causing me a problem.

Other infos: latest NMM version, latest SKSE and SkyUI, and of course latest Skyrim patch (1.9 something I believe).

I'd be grateful for any help, thanks a lot :)

• 2 months later...

Bit more than 2 months and no replies. I'm looking for the same info. NMM is down last 3 days, and I want to manually install Better Magic, which has no install directions. I was able to place the usual easy stuff like .esp and merging the new String folder contents with the old. But the Fomod folder is new... no clue what to do with it.

Inside are language options, and I assume I need to install the correct one and throw out the rest. NMM would have auto done this based on my answer to its prompts. But since it is down, and I feel I'm able to learn... hoping to figure out what to do with this Fomod folder and future Fomod's.

Back to google!

Edit: oops. The language folders were in the Strings folder. The Fomod seems to have a script for NMM to use to help us noob types (complete assumption)? From the 2 sentences about Better Magic installation, it says make sure the correct language is chosen or it'll crash. So now I have all the folders in there and wondering if only English should be.... or if all the folders should be in there and it'll pick English as default because of the load order from the game...

Back to google!

Edited by wazwolf