xxspartan092xx

This is my first post on the forums so please tell me if discussions like this belong somewhere else.

I am in search of a mod that adds a blacksmith follower that you can buy stuff from (alchemist, magic vendor, and general merchants as well) so that I can have him in the basement of Lakeview Manor using the My Home is Your Home mod. I would appreciate if someone could point me in the direction of a mod(s) that adds these kind of followers.

Never tested this but FCC - Followers can Craft might be what you need.

EDIT: Did a bit more searching and found this: Jartod the traveling Blacksmith. He doesn't do what you need on his own but according to the author he works well with FCC as most (none of?) the vanilla followers don't have the perks.

Edited by transientfaith

Never tested this but FCC - Followers can Craft might be what you need.

EDIT: Did a bit more searching and found this: Jartod the traveling Blacksmith. He doesn't do what you need on his own but according to the author he works well with FCC as most (none of?) the vanilla followers don't have the perks.

I was more looking for someone I could by ingots, leather, etc from. This is intriguing though thanks for pointing this out to me.

You could just pick a smith from Skyrim, and make him a follower via the console, then use the mod to move him to lakeview.

I tried that this morning, but they didn't have their inventory. I started to fill their inventory, but it felt kind of cheaty. Even though I would be buying the materials. I that you can't have merchants in home through this method :/.

You could also try Everybody is a _potential_ follower. I don't know if it will solve the inventory problem, but it allows all NPCs to be convinced to follow you including vanilla blacksmiths like Alvor. Perhaps if he's added this way instead of by the console, then he'll still have his inventory. Don't know for sure, but it's worth a try maybe?

I imagine that has to do with the merchant chest not being in the loaded cell. It might be possible to solve this by moving that chest to the Lakeview Manor Basement. I don't know if that will solve it, though. I'll go give it a shot and report back when I've found something conclusive.

Alright, so it appears the issue is that the blacksmiths are locked in place. They only offer their services if they are in their designated merchant area. They're a member of a faction, for Adrianna, the faction (well, factions, she gets two) are ServicesWhiterunWarmaidens and ServicesWhiterunWarmaidensForge. The first marks her as a vendor in the interior of the store, and the second marks her as a vendor when she's near it outside. Get her too far away, and the faction's granted vendor flag is switched off.

I've made a quick mod which adds another faction to all vanilla blacksmiths. Each vanilla blacksmith service faction was duplicated, so they should all sell the right stuff just like they would if they were back home. The new faction only activates if they're a current follower (which I just realized needs to be potential follower so I'll change that once it's otherwise working). I ran into some problems. When I first tested it, I made Adrianna follow me and she worked fine. With her in tow, I made Beirand from Solitude follow me, but he only sold what he had with him. With both following me, I made Alvor from Riverwood follow me and he worked fine.

Now for the fun part, after exiting and checking to see if they were actually identical (they were), I changed all the new factions so they also traded any time instead of just anywhere. When I checked to see if they were still working, Alvor would offer the services any time but would never sell anything except what he had with him. So, I'm at a loss as to what could be causing the issue. transientfaith, if you think you might be able to figure it out, I've uploaded the file. If not, I'll come back to it tomorrow.