Sofia - a funny, fully voiced and scripted follower(WIP)

djjohnjarvis

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent update! Lol way to funny :D

Thanks.

This looks fantastic. I've been searching for a good voiced, woman follower mod for Skyrim. I am patient, though, so I don't mind how long it takes to be completed! Will be following this closely.

Well that makes a welcome change haha. Anyway thanks.

This seems like a great follower to use on a new character when my other have Vilja, Cerwiden,, and Inigo.

Definetly seems to be a good new female follower with a differing personality from Cerwiden and Vilja making it a nice edition that all are diffrent and not carbon copies like alot of vanilla followers.

Yes well she is certainly different and not like your average follower or person even lol. In fact she is like the total opposite of Vilja and Cerwiden. I find her personality hard to describe because she is just so different but in a good way. Also her relationship with the player is just plain weird haha but very funny. Anyway thanks, I have tried to make her unique.

Hi djjohnjarvis,

Like many I am eager to see the day when Sofia is added to the Files > New Today" download list. While I wait...question for you if you do not mind. Knowing that Sofia is high on the fun factor...can I read that being your ambition i.e. to create a funny witty follower with great lines and amazing voice acting? Since Cerwiden and Vilja have been mentioned...I use Cerwiden primarily because of her being a functional healer (secondary being her voiced quest), and Vilja, for her advanced AI and interactivity (secondary being...well...I use her to enable multiple followers using her "you go follow Vilja" command as it frees up the vanilla follower slot). If Sofia is mainly a chatty follower, are those lines situation specific (you got lines for Braith right?) or quest specific or both.

You are doing a great job!

Yes Sofia is a fun follower mainly driven by her dialogue but with many other advanced features to come. A lot of her features are more social or for a laugh than anything else such as getting her physically drunk, getting her to take you somewhere or simply asking about her day although there will be more practical stuff. I also created her special ability yesterday as well which I call the nude bomb haha which is very fitting. Basically when Sofia's health is critical there is a chance that she will use a spell that will make all surrounding enemies naked. What's the point of that you may ask, well without their armour they have absolutely no protection so take more damage and have no defence against attacks. They are also humiliated of course.

Anyway on to the dialogue. With such a great voice actress and a writing style that is proving popular with people it is inevitable that the dialogue is the largest part of the mod. Sofia has quest specific dialogue for the main quest added at the moment although there will be other quests and faction dialogue added. She has social interactivity and will comment on the location, weather, the player clothes and other stuff. I have currently started doing interactive NPC lines (see the end of the video on the previous page) where she will respond to an NPCs comment, so as you can see already she isn't going to tolerate Nazeem. Of course Braith will be high on my list of annoying NPCs to taunt. Oh and she also sings bard songs but with a twist (she doesn't really know the lyrics). Personally I would download the mod for the amazing voice acting alone lol.

There are also quests and random encounters planned although they probably won't be in the first release. Amongst these is busting Sofia out of jail using an old escape tunnel which of course will be a custom dungeon which I have already started on and the guard is already voiced. Also being hunted down by an angry old mage who didn't approve of Sofia mishandling his chicken staff which will be a functional item that will create deadly explosive homing chickens, having her clothes stolen by an angry thief out for revenge and many more crazy adventures. So yea, if you are sick of serious followers and don't want to go too non lore friendly.

Hi again,

Glad to know that you are planning something involving added functions as well as quests to keep Sofia interesting. As I played "Dragon Break" and enjoyed the jokes...having the same jokes repeated the N-th time could be irritating. Now you make it sounds closer to "I wonder what she will do next" and it's all good.

Thanks again.