⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Sofia - a funny, fully voiced and scripted follower(WIP)

djjohnjarvis

Update: Christine has recorded the bard songs. You can hear them here:

If anyone says the lyrics are wrong then I will slap them very hard lol. Of course they are wrong, they are supposed to be. This is Sofia we are talking about haha. I can't take credit for the idea though as it was Christine's and she also helped slightly with the lyrics or at least some of the ideas behind them such as the line about Alduin and the general theme.

Lyrics:

We give drink to the youth, for years yet to come. For the age of the dragons is just about done.
We'll drive out the people and not pay what we owe. With your blood and your money we'll send them back home.

Down with Alduin the big ugly beast. On the day of your death we'll drink and we'll feast.

We're the people of Skyrim, and we fight for our lives. And when the dragonborn reckons, everybody must die!

But this land is mine so let’s see it wiped clean. Of the dragons that ruined our hopes and our dreams.

The hero, the hero, has a warrior's heart.
I tell you, I tell you, the Dragonborn comes.
With a Voice wielding power and some ancient Nord art.
Believe, believe, the Dragonborn comes.
It's an end to the evil, and everyone knows.
Beware, beware, the Dragonborn comes.
For the darkness has passed, and the flowers yet grow.
You'll know, You'll know the Dragonborn's come.

Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, everybody let’s sing. I don’t know all the words so I’m making them up.

*singing* Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin *singing*

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read earlier that you had decided to make Sofia un-romanceable. I beg you to reconsider. Make it difficult, if her personality dictates that, but having a follower that shows real personality, wit and life and not having that as an option seems torturous. Just look how many people have fallen in love with her form just this forum and your videos.

I read earlier that you had decided to make Sofia un-romanceable. I beg you to reconsider. Make it difficult, if her personality dictates that, but having a follower that shows real personality, wit and life and not having that as an option seems torturous. Just look how many people have fallen in love with her form just this forum and your videos.

How can she be so flirty and awkward around you if she is married to you?

I must say though, the mod is pretty realistic, being friendzoned by Sofia?! That puts all other realisim/immersion mods to shame!

The reasons are already pre-planned along time ago and written into the script several times. She doesn't like to be tied down and restricted, she's not religious in any way and the thought of being all loved up makes her feel sick. She also tries to suppress any true emotions as she sees it as a sign of weakness and it is just a concept that is totally alien to her.

It would be easy for me to make her marriageable but then that introduces many complications and character inconsistencies. The lines would be so restricted for someone like Sofia and adding a marriage option for a follower whilst giving no real reason or motive, especially in Sofia's case is just cheap. Sofia is not romantic and I just can't think of any way to make her that way and retain her humour and personality. She does share the odd moment of weakness however as you will see. As was said above you can forget all the awkward and flirty jokes if she was married.

Don't mistake the lack of marriage for a lack of romance options or personality though. Just like real life not everyone gets married and it's not always straight forward. The player will be able to flirt with Sofia which should provoke a number of reactions. Most of the time she will be a real tease about it, she might also feel extremely awkward about it or maybe even flat out reject you just like real life haha. All the functions available whilst married will also be there but without the annoying dialogue and much improved upon. As soon as you meet up with her though you have already entered a rather complicated relationship, you just don't have to go through a load of rituals, nothing is straight forward and there is nothing official or exclusive about it. Just watch out for the jealousy around other women but then her being a total hypocrite lol. Trust me it will be way more immersive and less shallow in the long run.

Update: Many of you will be pleased to know that I have been successfully testing a way for Sofia to respond to NPC comments. So this means you will really get to see how she manages to upset people. For test purposes I have been using Nazeem because he is clearly one of the most annoying and arrogant NPCs in the game, perfect for being put in his place by Sofia. None of the lines for this have been done yet or even written for that matter but it was a feature I really wanted to add and I know a lot of people wanted that high level of interaction with other NPCs. Christine was also discussing some ideas with me yesterday such as whispering when sneaking which is also something that I would definitely like to add.

So when Nazeem says "Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying of course you don't." she will say something like the following:

Yes. I can use the back of my hand to transport you there if you like. It’s much quicker than crawling your way back there on your hands and knees.

What’s that smell? Do you have animals on your farm? Oh no wait, it’s because you opened your mouth and started talking.

Oh are you lost? Your wife knows the way to the jarls quarters very well apparently. You should ask her the next time she says she's going to hoe around the farm.

Yes, I was just talking to the jarl actually. He did say he was missing his court jester. Your clothes are perfect by the way but you need to work on your routine a little.

You should go to the temple and see a healer right away. It can't be healthy having your head stuck so far up your own backside.

These are just a few quick lines I came up with yesterday. You don't bad mouth Sofia or the player character on her watch haha.