⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Artificial Limb Mod

jdude97

So, I'm playing Skyrim, and my character takes a few dozen arrows to his arm (not unusual), and it gets me thinking; What about an Artificial Limb mod?

Explanation :

It seems quite unrealistic that your character can take so much damage without any 'permanent' physical damage. So, say your character takes a certain amount of damage to a specific limb (which then proceeds to "fall off", leaving you with sort of a 'ghost' limb maybe); You could then have several choices about what to do about it. You could pay an archaeologist to fix you up a new one out of some Dwemer parts; You could have a Mage "summon" you a more permanent version of that 'ghost' limb; Or maybe have a creppy Necromancer make you a brand new limb with some 'spare' parts.

It'd be great for Role-Playing and Realism.

Edited by jdude97

I meant that I don't care for complex script things, I'd just love to get some non-human parts :laugh:

Non-human parts would be pretty cool.

Perhaps a script could be made to use the game's existing (and semi-unused) limb system to factor-in how much damage a limb takes, which then converts into a fallout-like limb status. When it takes enough damage, it "falls off" and you can go get a artificial one.

• 2 years later...