Oblivion Won't Start

EnigmaticWarrior

I want to play Oblivion with mods, but I can't get it to start using the mod manager. I click launch Oblivion, the screen goes black for a moment, and then it goes right back to desktop.

Can someone help me with this?

try starting it throught the normal launcher, not through OBMM. You will still be able to play with your mods activated

OBMM closes before the game starts. It is not running at all when the game is on.

My first guess is you have a mod that requires something that you don't have. Such as the latest patch, OBSE, an esm that is not loaded or not installed.

Second guess a serious mod conflict

Third guess something you added or something you removed.

A load list would help.

How to use OBMM to make a load order list for posting.

Open OBMM - if you don't have it, get it. It is needed for a lot of things when you work with mods.

Look on the right, you will see a box with 'Import/Export'. Click that.

Then select the first option, 'View Load Order'

A new window will open with only your active mods listed in their load order. Any unchecked mods will not appear in this list.

Use your mouse to highlight the entire list, then left click on the highlighted list.

A box will open with Cut, copy paste.

Select copy – DO NOT SELECT CUT!

Now you can close the window and close OBMM (This might take a few minutes as OBMM takes a while to close.)

Go to where you want to put the load order list – I recommend creating either a text document or a word processing document and naming it load order and the date

(load order 6-22-08.txt)

Then open that document, place your cursor at the beginning and right click. Select paste.

This should copy your load order into the document.

Now, to get the load order into a post, open the forum, find where you want to place the load order list and paste it. The copied text will be inserted where you place the mouse cursor.

Be sure to let us know if you are using any utility programs that will not show in the load list, such as pluggy, OBSE or anything else.

Oblivion.esm

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm

HorseCombatMaster.esm

Toaster Says Share v3.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp

DeadlyReflex 5 - Combat Moves.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp

Crowded Cities 15.esp

actors_in_charge.esp

Elder Council Plugin 1.1.esp

Lost Paladins of the Divines.esp

Buy Guard Stuff.esp

Added Realistic NPC's v1.0.esp

Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

TSS Custom Companion Template.esp

Custom NPCs for CSR.esp

The Lost Spires.esp

Living Economy.esp

Living Economy - Items.esp

Harvest [Flora].esp

Cutthroat Merchants.esp

Harvest [Flora] - DLCVileLair.esp

OOO-Level_Stock.esp

Extended Imperial City Version 1.0.esp

Toaster Says Share Faction Recruitment.esp

Malevolent.esp

Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp

Extended Skingrad.esp

Audrey companion.esp

Tyrael Armor.esp

MidasSpells.esp

Alright, here they are. Thanks for the help on getting the list in faster.

You still didn't let us know if you have OBSE or the latest patch

Several of your mods require one or both of these.

Deadly reflex is a very complex mod, and I recommend turning it off during troubleshooting. Get everything else working first, then add Deadly reflex - and it needs to be loaded last.

There are several ways of ordering your mods, one simple way is to start with BOSS. A utility that tries to set your load order properly. http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20516

Then use OBMM to manually place any that it doesn't know where to put (they will be at the end of the list).

I am sure that Dezdimona will be along with her excellent technique for manually setting load order.

Archived