.esp to .esm conversion

theLeeHarvey

I recall seeing a thread or post somewhere in which the author told how to convert .esp files to .esm files using FOMM, but I can't remember where it was. Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

Can also do so manually on fo3edit, just open the header and tick the esm flag, that's it.

FOMM haves tesnip, and tesnip IS capable of changing the esm flag and thus turning an esp into an esm and viceversa, HOWEVER, it does not generate the ONAM override records, so the mod won't work properly if it edits any vanilla cell (fo3edit does generate the onam records).

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I have FO3Edit and have used it in Master Update mode, I just thought there was another way to make the conversion that might have been better.

I haven't heard anything about the 1.6 patch that it fixes the bugs of 1.5, is there any validity to it? Has Bethesda (if they are to be believed) said anything about it?

EDITED TO AVOID DOUBLE POST: I meant to say this yesterday but I forgot, When you use MasterUpdate to flag .esps as master files, it doesn't change the file type to .esm, at least not that I can see, and that's what I'm wanting to do.

You can see what I mean in the image of my load order below. I ran MasterUpdate, they still appear as .esps in FOMM.

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr346/theLeeHarvey/Jonaston/ModList.jpg

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I have FO3Edit and have used it in Master Update mode, I just thought there was another way to make the conversion that might have been better.

I haven't heard anything about the 1.6 patch that it fixes the bugs of 1.5, is there any validity to it? Has Bethesda (if they are to be believed) said anything about it?

EDITED TO AVOID DOUBLE POST: I meant to say this yesterday but I forgot, When you use MasterUpdate to flag .esps as master files, it doesn't change the file type to .esm, at least not that I can see, and that's what I'm wanting to do.

You can see what I mean in the image of my load order below. I ran MasterUpdate, they still appear as .esps in FOMM.

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr346/theLeeHarvey/Jonaston/ModList.jpg

Click on the plugin editor, load your desired plugin, open the tree view, click on TES4, click spells, then "make esm". Done. I'm just trying to figure out how to properly reverse this process so I can turn my esm back to an esp...TESsnip lets you save it as an .esp, but the GECK still recognizes it as a master file...*sigh*