ps4 to get full ps1 and ps2 emulation

Thor.

The 60gb model had 100% compatibility, and perfect upscaling, that game and then some would run 100%.

Edited by Thor.

You never owned a 60gb model, the proof is in the ownership. The thing had amazing up scaling and looked almost like the ps3 HD versions counterpart.

the thing had the original risk processor built in, and the up scaling was perfect, the emulator needs to beat that.

I did have to 60GB and it looked crap, not as bad as the PS2 on a HDTV but it was still pretty awful. There is no such thing as perfect upscaling, upscaling is filling in the blanks with what amounts to best guesses and as such is far from perfect. CRTs are still the best thing to play PS2 titles on.

Upscaling is never 'perfect'. It doesn't ever add detail, over the default resolution. The most it does is not lose detail.

A 480p PS2 game upscaled to 720p is still only running at 480p, it didn't get any closer to 720p. The detail to make it 720p is simply not being processed. All good upscaling will do is prevent any more blur than already exists at native 480p.

Theres always a critic, i stand by what i see, its good. It did what it was designed to do, upscale ps2 games to 1080P. :teehee:

Edited by Thor.