Make difficulty setting affect followers

kaelenmitharos

I'm using one of the many mods (Extensible Follower Framework by Expired) that allows multiple followers, with the idea that I'm the classic "squishy" mage/healer who employs front-line bodyguards and alternates between healing them and killing enemies. Naturally, I turned the difficulty way up to make this more balanced, since steamrolling through dungeons isn't fun for long--no challenge, so little sense of achievement. However, since difficulty setting doesn't affect followers, just me, I found that increasing difficulty merely made me more fragile than cracked glass and made my followers look like Greek gods by comparison. I don't even need to heal them--they can take on Alduin and never go beneath 75% health, if that. Not acceptable. It's no fun for a support mage when his friends don't need the support.

What I found surprising, however, is the lack of mods to deal with this issue. Given the relative popularity of UFO and others that allow the Dovahkin to assemble entire parties of adventurers, how has no one yet made a mod to apply the effects of difficulty setting (player does less damage, takes more damage) to the player's followers/friendly NPC's? I know I'm not the only one who wants difficulty-scaled followers, since I've seen people complain about the issue in several forums.

• 1 year later...

You should try installing Enhanced Dragons, and turning on nightmare mod... it will solve all your problems... :P

http://erkeilmods.altervista.org/skyrim/enhanced-mighty-dragons/

PS... Don't do it, cause the Dragons regenerate so much health that its not even possible to put a dent in them.

But yeah you can always install Skytweak, and then turn up the NPC scaling to like 5 (all this does is give enemy NPCs a ton of health). Then turn up NPC weapon scaling up and that should fix your problem for you.