Underwater City

SmurfsTurf

Please read the whole post before making a reply, I have in mind a rapture styled city for argonians (whether this is lore friendly or not, unfortunately I don't know, whether argonians are salt water or sweet water -ish, or whether they even need to live in dry underwater cities or not, I don't know, I don't even like them much either but it's supposed to be a sanctuary for the argonians, mainly because the only naturally capable creatures of doing any activity underwater are argonians) I must confess though, the whole idea is a ripoff from bioshock, I don't want you to take that idea too badly, afterall if I ever make such a mod it's freeware and for everybody to enjoy.

The idea now is the following: the npcs can't go from shop to shop swimming now can they?, the player can but they can't, that leads me to the fact that if it is ever done the city itself must be kept with a minimum ammount of water, that means, that the city is a worldspace inside a worldspace, think of it as a box in a box, that smaller box will have air inside no matter the fact that the bigger box is later filled with water, now the second idea is that the city must be as "fantasy" and as unrealistic as possible in order to overcome real life obstacles such as the fact that trees don't grow underwater and that there's no electric energy to power up those grow lights, not to mention the fact that there's also a complete unexistance of grow lights.

Consider it a city covered by a huge glass semisphere that prevents water, fish and drowning corpses to breach the security perimeter, only to be accessed through double door vaults like in Bioshock, the purpose is purely aesthetic and also to add a new atmospheric location with it's mages guild, shopping district and gardens and so on.

Is it possible to make? If so I will start as soon as I save up 30 euros for a complete computer reset (viruses) I'd start with downloading 3ds max of somewhere :pirate: and building the city walls.

I'd start with downloading 3ds max of somewhere :pirate:

This comment was absolutely unnecessary. And you don't need 3D Studio Max to moddel out your meshes for Oblivion, people here uses Blender, I think the full version is freeware.

Oh about that underwater city, it's perfectly doable, good luck with it.

Is it possible to make? If so I will start as soon as I save up 30 euros for a complete computer reset (viruses) I'd start with downloading 3ds max of somewhere :pirate: and building the city walls.

:pirate: + Download = Viruses

Seriously, some people just never learn.

Something like a domed city is possible to a limited extent, it just requires alot more understanding of how the game works than most people have. The other problem is that you are extremely limited with how large a single dome can be due to how the LOD mesh interferes with deep water. Finding a good location for this would also be a serious problem. Notwithstanding, just having a 3d program like, blender, won't help you one bit if you don't already know how to use it. The meshes you would need to create for a domed city would require a fair amount of talent to put together.

Discussing of (and admitting to) piracy is a no-no here and strictly against the rules.

Bye-bye.

LHammonds (File Admin)