⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

REQUEST: Custom Dragon Follower

LunisSpellweaver

I would like to make a request for a unique Dragon follower, called Ohm the Devout. The Dragon can change between Human and Dragon form, can utilize multiple shouts, but is effectively land-bound, unable to fly due to permanent injuries sustained during the Dragon Wars. Right now, I want the dragon to be utilized as a standalone follower, with connections to another mod series, linked here.

Storywise, Ohm the Devout is the only remaining follower and the greatest friend of the Lost Divine of Hope, Terra. He watches the world from a Human form granted to him by his companion, awaiting his master's return to godhood. He granted the Argonian Amuil Geeltus a piece of his soul to fill the void in Amuil's shell, and is currently only one of three aware of the threat of Anima.

My ultimate goal is to include Ohm as one of the few followers included in the work in progress story Elder Scrolls: Anomaly.

Since Ohm is a story-based follower, he must have a custom voice, and a quest to add him to your pool of followers. He must also have a unique appearance and animation set, because he is land-bound. In the story, I planned for his skin-color to be a grayish blue. He'll use far more shouts than a normal Dragon, and, while in human form, will be a Mage-type character. His character is quiet friendly, but his voice sometimes shows anguish due to his injuries, and can sometimes be a bit blunt. The player can ask about his injuries, Terra, and, eventually via doing his quests, learn about his personal problems.

In both forms, he'll stay out of range, and, despite his enormous size an armor, is quite afraid of injury, pushing back his opponents whenever he can. It is the player's duty to keep opponents away from Ohm, because he is at his best at a range.

I know there is a Dragon Follower like this as a mod, but this is for a story mod, so it has to be unique.

Edited by LunisSpellweaver

I think I figured out how Ohm can show is injuries. The injury would likely be on the wing, and the wound is a shattered bone on his left wing, past the hands and up the rest of the wing. Although it would be stupid to make that part flop around, the would can be seen on the texture, scar tissue covering the entire "finger", (the Elder Scrolls Dragon's design is based on the Wyvern, and what the dragon walks on is the hand. The bone that extends the wings is the "finger", if you know what I mean). That would mean that if he tried to fly, that finger will hurt tremendously. Along with that, scars can appear on other parts of his body: one scraping the left side of his face, another down his neck, and several cuts on his chest and tail.

Ohm is no stranger to abuse, but dreads every second of it. It may be a good idea to keep him at a distance from your foes. The scars tell the tale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Alright, I actually wrote a reference to a book in the Terra Bio page, titled "Guardian of Men", which was written by Ohm under his pen-name. I will definitely start writing the contents of the book soon, and I'll let you guys know when it's finished.