Is there a mod to alter character after creation?How are custom mods used(hair,eyes,etc)? What are some item locations?

Fomarl

Hi, Im very very new to this modding thing.

I am overwhelmed, I have been up for hours trying to figure things out. This nexus thing is quite awesome, I know how to apply mods, ( I think I did it about twice before this) but this nexus beta tool makes it SO easy. Even more so seeing that there are so many mods to apply. I have been using this tool, but have been confused about getting some mod items.

I dont know where to get them.

I looked at the descriptions to the mods, and found the location to some, but others dont have a location listed, like the seraphine armor

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24723/?

Can someone tell me where to find it?

And is there a place to find all the armor or does it depend? I downloaded other armor and cant find them.. =(

My other questions are is there a mod to alter your character after the first creation, if so please send a link or tell me where to go, and also how to find it in game (in case there is no said description on where to alter character in game).
Last, If I download a hair style, or eye alteration, where do I go to change it?

7-22-14 404am

Edit: Forgot to add

can I chance race and everything, if there is a mod to edit character.

Also what mod, or mods are there to change the female body to make it look better than default

420am

Edited by Fomarl

To change your character in-game press ` on your keyboard, which is under Esc. then type "showracemenu" without the quotations.

Seraphine Armor, from the description states; "It is craftable at any forge" so you'll need to make this yourself, rather than find it.

Install: RaceMenu to create your character the way you want. Its probably best to choose your race at the start of the game, than afterwards.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624/?

Edited by Sixxness

To change your character in-game press ` on your keyboard, which is under Esc. then type "showracemenu" without the quotations.

Seraphine Armor, from the description states; "It is craftable at any forge" so you'll need to make this yourself, rather than find it.

Install: RaceMenu to create your character the way you want. Its probably best to choose your race at the start of the game, than afterwards.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624/?

Using showracemenu straight off the bat can reset your current skills. Best to use Player.Setrace <insert desired race>. and then use Showracemenu to tweak your character.

Reset my skills? Is that the stuff I earned by lvling up like my powers?

I used insert race and nothing I odn think anything was reset

How can I edit character and no worry about this?

7-22-14 1249pm

Seraphine Armor I have to craft myself, do I need materials? I am also new to skyrim, I played it for a little when it came out, but then stopped. I didnt get into crafting, do I need to know anything? Seeing this is a mod I thought I would just get it

108pm

Edited by Fomarl

ShowRaceMenu only resets your skills (alchemy, one handed, etc) when you switch races within the race menu. So long as you do not switch races your skills will not reset. This is what TheFuzzler was attempting to say when suggesting that you change your race first with SetRace before using ShowRaceMenu.

Provided your race is what you want, simply open the console with the ~ key, then type showracemenu and press enter. Tweak your appearance as you like and name your character again when you exit.

If you use the RaceMenu mod, your name will be retained but you will still be given the option to change it.

Alternatively, if you have Dawnguard installed and active you may seek out the Face Sculptor in Riften. For a fee of 1000 septims she will change your appearance without affecting any of your skills.

So that is my stats didnt change I chose the same race

I went to the crafting place, how do I find the parts to get the armor

I need leather, I dont know where to go, I also got lingerie or something and I cant find it

7-22-14 444pm