Massive mod project "Fugitives to Hammerfell" will be underway soon!

shamanigans027

I didn't even post up for discworld till I was weeks in and had a worldspace and a few outlines of towns and a general mapheight setup. Come back when you have that and maybe me and other modders might take this more seriously.

At the moment you have a total of 3 posts, and 0 mods to showcase your as of yet untold talents

My advice is start smaller, try to do even one single quest mod at least

I fully understand why you didn't post up for weeks into your work. I don't expect to even start the building of the worldspace for several weeks. The only thing I am trying to do by posting currently is just get the name into the back of peoples heads. I will be working on the storyline and some sidequests over the coming weeks, and only after the majority of that is finished will I start seriously recruiting people and attempting to make massive headway into the project.

I didn't even post up for discworld till I was weeks in and had a worldspace and a few outlines of towns and a general mapheight setup. Come back when you have that and maybe me and other modders might take this more seriously.

At the moment you have a total of 3 posts, and 0 mods to showcase your as of yet untold talents

My advice is start smaller, try to do even one single quest mod at least

I fully understand why you didn't post up for weeks into your work. I don't expect to even start the building of the worldspace for several weeks. The only thing I am trying to do by posting currently is just get the name into the back of peoples heads. I will be working on the storyline and some sidequests over the coming weeks, and only after the majority of that is finished will I start seriously recruiting people and attempting to make massive headway into the project.

Ah, so you will be working on it yourself then, not just storyline. Well then good luck.

We don't necessarily mean to be discouraging, but if you want to create a high quality mod, then you want to make sure you have at least some experience in a field of modding. If you don't, then you'll want to get some experience, following the tutorials on the CK Wiki, and working on small ideas.

This opinion about sums it up.

I make small mods for my own personal use sometimes.

I'm a programmer by proffesion, let me make that clear I program for a living.

The CK isn't easy. It isn't the worst piece of software I've dealt with but you cannot go from 0 experience to creating massive expansions within the space of a few weeks. This is coming from someone who programs every day in and out of work.

I wouldn't give a second thought to devoting time to a project led by a person with no experience in the CK or knowledge of its limitations. I doubt modders *more* experienced than me would either.

That said if you'd like to progress I have a recommendation: Make an intro project to this idea.

From the title it sounds like through some manner of events the dragonborn must flee to Hammerfell. Perhaps you could make a smaller quest mod detailing those events within skyrim. Get it up to the point that the character has to leave and then create this idea as the continuation of the story.

If you made the intro mod you could say "Hey look at this, I'm serious about this idea, and I know what can be done now. I have the experience"

There would be no question as to your conviction or skill then, and you wouldn't be going from 0 to 60 which will be easier on your sanity as well. Because as I've said the CK is not to be trifled with.