Recommended Hardware for modding?

AmysDragon

I'd say skip 99% of the improvements that you had planned out for the first build and just grab a mobo + i5 (hell even an i7 since your saving that much money) Possibly pick up another 780? Its almost certainly not needed but since you were considering 2x titan blacks then...

Well, the first build is what I already have now, but I am looking to improve on that. As far as the mobo goes right now I am split between the Formula Z (AMD) and the Rampage IV Black (Intel), but have been looking to get at least one Titan for a while now. Hell, maybe a Titan Z? Maybe not. Even for having a lot of free money, a 3 grand GPU is asking a lot, especially when I do not have a 4K monitor.

Edited by AmysDragon

The first build will handle just about anything you throw at it, the second is just overkill, but if you have the money then go ahead. The GPU is the factor here, and Skyrim can't utilize more than 3.1 GB system Ram anyhow. I have 12GB Ram and have Skyrim running, a satellite TV viweer a web browser with about a hundred tabs open with room to spare, ram wise.

The biggest killer of framerate is ENB followed by HD textures. Personally I'd try it and see, if you run into framerate issues then think about an upgraded gpu or SLI but its hard to imagine anything troubling that GTX other than one of the really heavy ENB's.

Yup that's what I said :laugh: It's not the mods themselves that will bog either of those systems at all but the combo of 4k textures and one of the heavy hitting ENBs. The only mods that I can even think of that may cause any frame rate issues would be any of the ones that add a ton of NPCs so you have to push a lot of polys around.