Scope mod, would this method be possible through scripting?

Emton

Hey the topic of this thread is "Scope mod" and if it's possible.

I tried out the Telescope mod here on Nexus but feel it has problems. Now I have this idea about how I think it should work but I don't know much about scripting, but maybe it's not that complicated and I can figure it out.

Basically I want an item that's classified as miscellaneous, when this item is present in your inventory, you are allowed to use a defined key to "activate" it. By "activating" 2 things will happen. 1 - Your FOV will be divided by four. 2 - A graphic overlay will cover the screen. While in this state when you press mouse-wheel down (or whatever the zoom-out key is) you return to the default FOV and the graphic overlay will be removed. With weapons drawn the action should be prevented and when activated it should prevent weapon draw.

This doesn't seem complicated to me but I don't know if there's a catch that would prevent it from working. The only hitch I imagine is preventing mouse-wheel down from going into 3rd person view while your FOV is set to half as well as preventing the "activation" while in 3rd person.

What I like about this idea is how it blends with the controls, giving a use to mouse-wheel-up when it doesn't have one, and should be fast to operate.

If anyone is interested in helping me I can work on the graphics and get as far as I can with scripting, work on polishing and testing, I just REALLY want a nice working scope to help plan my attacks.

Edited by Emton