New Class for NPC doesn't render in CK

Hoamaii

Hey guys,

I'm having an issue with a fairly simple procedure here - I'm trying to create a Dwarven Centurion with different stats.

I duplicated Centurion Class, Race and created a new character.

My problem is even though I haven't changed any setting (yet) in my custom Centurion Race, as soon as I rename my Duplicate, the preview disappears. Everything in the Body Data tag (skeleton, behavior graph, body texture, skin, etc. - I've no idea what or where "Actors\Character\UpperBodyHumanMale.egt" is though) is exactly the same as in the Vanilla Centurion race but no preview.

Of course when I import that custom race in my new actor, nothing shows in the preview. And If I can't change the race, I cannot seem to be able to change the stats...

I have not fiddled much with NPC's yet - could that be a CK glitch or is there something else I should have set up first?

Can any of you help me figure out what's going on there?

Thanks! :smile:

Edit: interesting, I tried to repeat the process with an Argonian, by duplicating and renaming the race. Now with the argonian, when I tick "full preview" I only get the head, when I tick "head preview", I only get the jaw... Strange.

Edited by Hoamaii

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, if anybody's interested I found the culprit. Whenever I was closing the "Actor" window, the CK was unchecking some of my modifications, among which it was resetting the skin to default one - which prevented my custom actor to use his custom skin.

I redid the process in a different order and this it worked. Simple CK bug, it was... ;)