Difficulty and multiple followers

killette

Started a fresh install, generally using 2-4 followers at a time, as are too many good armor/follower mods out there not to get to see them!

Having issues with them killing all things just too fast...

At the moment am only using ASIS and deadly dragons as any kind of difficulty mods.

~~~//~~~

• Ideally hunting longer combat maybe, not 100% sure... looked through the 'common difficulty mods (Duel, ultimate/deadly combat, etc.) Honestly not sure what/which fit playstyle am thinking of.
  • Like to have to fuss with followers; *need* gear up-to-date, enchanted, tempered n' stuff.
  • Get to use my own weapons/spells before all things are dead!

Any ideas be great!

Increasing your games difficulty to Master or Legendary will help to start. In my experience, it's best to not temper any follower's weapons as they get too powerful. Ditto with enchantments, though I do like to enchant armor with things like increased health/stamina just so they stay in the fight longer. I will also occasionally give a mage follower some increased magicka enchantments if they seem to be running out too quickly.

The one difficulty mod I've used is this onehttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40491/? because it's script-free and it doesn't mess with any of the vanilla game's mechanics, it just makes the bad-guys tougher.

I am currently using:

PerMa

Duel

Combat Evolved

Revenge of the Enemies

ASIS

Immersive Creatures

High Level Enemies (Immersive Creatures Version)

Animal Tweaks

Deadly Dragons

Dragon Comabt Overhaul

SkyRe Encounter zones

SkyRe Enemy Scaling

Makes for some fun and challenging fights, and have gotten my ass kicked a few times! Multiple followers required for several fights!

Edited by Drax8

Mmm, ok, a few there I never stumbled across, never really pondered one of the full conversion thingies like PerMA/SkyRe, worried about my precarious mod balance!

Guess it may be time to take plunge, thanks guys.

Forget all those difficulty mods. For the ultimate horror experience, try getting the mods Simple Difficulty Rework by Zaiben and Dead is Dead by sagittarius22. Just like overclocking your computer, increase difficulty incrementally until you get killed, and so on. I think it's safe to say that you'll be waiting for your followers rather then charging in every situation head first. If you find that you didn't like Simple Difficulty Rework, sagittarius22 of Dead is Dead has made a bunch of other mods that attemts to adjust difficulty, or change the game for the better in some way.

• 1 month later...

Alright after some tweaking, settings diddling, mod trying, it seems my issue is both Sofia and Vilja.

At least those 2, maybe all followers. (is odd/confusing as google says followers don't use difficulty slider?) *but* they go down on knee way fast on novice, and are nigh-unkillable on master...)

So I need a way to nerfbat my beloved followers, while keeping game hard enough to keep game fun/struggle?

I struggle with this too, currently using:

Deadly Combat

Locational Damage (no headshots because oh my jesus)

SkyRe

Along with many other mods including AFT, and I get the same problem. My followers will almost one-shot nearly everything, though Faendal did die somehow the other day during an attack at Mistwatch.

My biggest complaint has got to be the cramped dungeons in Skyrim that are pretty much designed for one person. Getting in front is risky because if you need to backpedal or escape, you have four people behind you that won't move, and staying in back is, well, just not as fun lol. When we get into an open area and can spread out and fight, like in forts, it's much more fun as you can tactically get in and out of the fighting and deal with archers, mages, what not.

Here's a suggestion, if you have something like AFT (Amazing Follower Tweaks) or any mod that lets you change the combat styles of your followers, you could always set them to bow and arrow or magic so they stay in the back. I currently have 2 front liners, 1 ranger (mixed,) and 1 archer.