⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Blender 2.73 to Fallout New Vegas

MrObamatron

Hi everyone!

I've recently got the urge to begin modding for the first time for New Vegas. The first mod I want to make a new race mod but I'm having difficulty trying to incorporate a custom head mesh into NV via Blender version 2.73 (The newest one that came out a week or so ago)...

Normally I'd check up tutorials on how to do so on Youtube or other sites and while they do have tutorials, they're outdated because they use Blender 2.49 or such...

To get to the point, does anyone know how to incorporate a custom head mesh into New Vegas using Blender 2.73 or know a tutorial somewhere out there that can help me? i would really appreciate it!

To make it visually clear, I looking on how to do something like this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/48516/?

Edited by MrObamatron

Could you post a link for the 2.7+ nif script? I've been having a hell of a time with getting things right when converting from 2.71 to 2.49. I'd really appreciate it. :)

Could you post a link for the 2.7+ nif script? I've been having a hell of a time with getting things right when converting from 2.71 to 2.49. I'd really appreciate it. :smile:

Do you want NifScript 2.5.9 (there is no 2.7+ NifScript) or Blender 2.73? Everything is available on the interwebs, all you have to do is use your favorite search engine.

Oh, I thought he was saying he had nifscripts for 2.7+ Blender. I have 2.71 Blender, but the 2.5.9 nifscripts don't work for the current Blender.
My problem is converting models from Blender 2.49b to nif format that actually works. I've followed Millenia's online tuts to the T but when I go covert them to nif format, it either doesn't convert it right or the couple of times I did get it to work, I couldn't copy/past it in nifskope over a default weapon properly.
Is there anybody that maybe knows how to do this for me? I would give all credits to you for your part. The model is ready and the UV maps are done. Got the Texture, normal map and specular maps done and it's ready to convert.

That was the whole point of the thread, there are NO 2.7 scripts and the old ones will never work with 2.7.

You need to convert the finished mesh into a .obj file and then import that into the older blender. Then you export them with the scripts into .nifs.