CTD's at random, usually near towns (logs, list, and performance monitor included)

SithisAurelius

immersive armor starts up based on the vanilla game, the ride in the wagon, the head chop, the dragon, the escape, all that is used in the immersive armor start up, if you skip that by using any alternate start mod, then it need to be flagged. Basically open the MCM menu when it says it's okay to open, so do nothing when you first start a game, an go to immersive armors first thing or as soon as possible an find the box that is alternate start an click it an exit, the immersive armors will do the stuff it needs to correct players bypassing the beginning of the game. Depending on the load order you got, the start up will have a few things to do like that. Meaning you might have to start 3-4 new games just to get it running stable or develop a method of starting all this junk up. At least that's what I have found.

After that if the mods are dirty enough, then it will random stuff. You would need to run LOOT, but cancel out of the auto sorting, this generates a report, click the details tab, filters, hide messageless an look down the list for mods it says not to clean, write that down, then clean the mods with skyedit, watch a video if you don't know how. It's best to clean them individually, but I pretty much load the whole list an clean it, even though it misses some things, it works better than having them fully dirty. Most of this is because you gota have a large amount of the dirtness for it to cause probs, or the probs it causes are limited by conditions that have to be met. Though there are other things that cause CTD. It's important that if it CTD's we try to duplicate the exact conditions to confirm if it was a random.

I do know how to clean mods. as I said in my original post they were all cleaned with TESVEdit unless loot stated otherwise. ill try disabling my quickstart when I get home and testing skyrim again and see if that fixes the random CTD's. cause that's the last thing I need for skyrim to be playable again. I have noticed it usually happens near towns and people. so it could be causing it

I didn't say that I said to MCM immersive armors if you have it after the alternate start loads an the MCM says it's okay to open, there's an option to make immersive armors compatible with alternate start mods, via the MCM so do that first an then turn needs off an wait 24 hours if you use climates of tam, basically the start up of the game, try 3-4 times, or keep doing it till the game stabilizes. That or like save the game an exit to the main menu, an load the save you just made. Cause start ups an large load order can be messy from one game start to another. Sometimes if you just keep running it the thing will correct what caused the problem. There's more than one alternate start, I like the random alternate start cause it starts in over 400 places randomly, but cause you might have to run 2-3 of those to get it working cause of all the MCM stuff. Then since you got a i3 you might could install half the mods an save an activate the other half an load it up. It would kind of be like starting at the bottom an disabling mods upwards the list until you get a chunk of them or a mod that requires something like a master or mod that loads before it.

Well I mean you were saying that immersive armors does it's setup during the start. so I tried turning off the quick start and it didn't help. In the morning I'll try the mcm menu. Also I do use CoT however I dont use needs. I don't like it. But yeah in the morning I'll try out mcm with immersive then saving and reloading then waiting on cot. Hopefully it fixes everything. Thanks for being patient with me as I try to figure everything out

If you can't get it to work, don't get stuck on it. Tons of indie games an tons of AAA stuff you can switch to an come back. Just sayin, don't get stuck or give up on it. Yah it took about a month an 3 failed attempts to get 150ish mods working stable, but around 100 I played, an 30 an all during the build to test. In the end it was stable enough to play, but the thing is I don't even use half the junk I got yet. I'm basically stuck in Hearthfire cause I had not tried it yet. Bootstrapin the same character I had at launch, but the legendary remake of that, I should have combined them via the old save games. Anyway, I mean if you just wanted to play a while, cause Hearthfire is pretty much stuck in a house for a long time, but I kind of wanted that to build out the character. I just mean there's alternatives to running the quests or travel which would give you play time, an delay the fixing of the problems over the long term (instead of being stuck doing it)

Once you get it working it's just so unbelievably awesome as a game, compared to vanilla at launch or the legendary edition launch. You probably don't get that yet, cause it's not stable, just keep working on it. I use 150ish smaller mods or overhawls that I all picked out or found. It took a month to get stable an I failed 3 times an had to start over. I'll probably do a skyre, requiem, or Step build next time, or a better version of this one. The only way I was able to do it was downloading mods an putting them out of NMM in folders 001 002 003 004 an named for whats in there, like a back up of the install order, so I could mess it up, an then just install it in order again. Also noticed the whole install by order thing, so it builds the load order as it's installed, such less work, there was post work on it though, an moving things around an starting new games. At least 3-4 new game starts after changes an another 3-4 after I added something, so like 8, an probably 3-4 just to figure out the MCM an start up process like what to do in the game, so maybe up to 12 or more new game starts just trying to get the thing stable, but you know after a month of work on it.

um I'd run LOOT if you can find it, an cancel out of the autosort function (cause it don't work without metadata) then the report gets generated anyway, details, filters, hide message-less, an look down the list to see if you missed a patch or if the thing lights up like a Christmas tree, either the autosort u canceled or the report. Then probably watch a video on how to clean the mods if you didn't already. Then cause the Enb limit the frame rate to 30. If you don't use 30 enough to get used to it, you'll hate it though. Make films at 24 FPS 1080p an encode that to 720p an it conforms to the bitrate restrictions of HD quality streamed content. Meaning more people can watch it on their dodgy internet connection. That way the video looks like the game being played. You know instead of a compressed version of that. Offtopic, sure, but it's showing the limitations of the system an how frame rate an resolution can lighten the load. One guy I saw started up the game on super low detail an got the game data part running, then applied the visual part. That or for example just ignoring it, start the game, set up mcm, play an manually save the game often (always manual) if it CTD, just load it back an keep doing that because it could clear up. You could try downloadable game starts, save games, though find a clean one. Not sure how compatible that would be with alternate start though.

You know for example 30fps an 60fps are visually different, there is a point between the two where we can't tell the difference. It's just 60 or above because the display refresh rate. *burp* It's pretty dumb, cause the card is working to render things to match the displays rate, rather than what the eye wants to see. Maxing out the GPU for example isn't a problem if it doesn't get hot, cause then it would slow down an the framerate would suffer. Same with the CPU, if the game will run with 1,000 mods an the CPU can handle it an whatever the GPU or the engine dumps on the CPU, which went away during xbox but came back kind of in the software. You know varies depending on the game. Such as monitoring software, that's CPU monitoring calls, usually adjustable, calling checks 30-60 times a second lol, or once per second, it's load. The game will use however much depending on what is going on, then more with mods added, no idea if it's significant, because the game can only do so much. At least most of the time the CPU will be able to handle more than the game, in theory at least. You were monitoring an it looks like it got hot an the framerate dropped, hence mentioning it, but I don't remember performance.

I typically use either a bunch of small mods or a large mod, an start there. Around 100 small mods is easy to start up, 150 small mods is much more difficult. It's basically doing the same thing as using a large mod. So it's just a type of load order to build. I'll try the large mods you know like a preview an typically make backup's of the install order in folders 001 002 003 004 005. Another reason is we can make mistakes an ruin the build, an without the back up you're back to square one. Then this last time I noticed I should have taken notes when I read the mod's description pages. Cause it sucks having to go find it an read it again for the one tiny part of info you needed or were checking. This one was unofficial skyrim patch an the vanilla textures BSA optimizer, tested it an played while stuff downloaded, then 30-40 small meaningless mods, tested an played while stuff downloaded, then installs of groups of similar or content that linked together, but I came back an added 50 more mods an it got difficult. It had tons of issues at start up, an I just worked thru that, or ignored it an kept trying. Made some changes here an there an tried to fix it an a few days later it's stable, out of dumb luck.

One of the major problems is I can't just run around crazy anymore, more so with horses, so there's more walking. Setting up vanilla fast travel again an jumping around helped. Basically getting to the point where at whiterun we're sent to bleek falls barrow, but not going there, just getting there so the game is kind of started. It's just to finish the alternate start part of the quests before I go out to do whatever I want. At that point you know, fast traveling around. But I got a legacy from skyrim launch, an the legendary launch, the original save game from launch, an I started over when I got legendary to get the DLC's an cause it sounded cool, an I needed something to cheer me up. Basically I never got that far in Skyrim at launch, but lots of loot an gold, then I started over with legendary got to level 40 an 270,000 gold. So it's kind of a legacy, but with racemenu you can store the character's creation process, an stuff like training dummies, or pay to train mods, an hiding gold in a container with Skyedit. You can kind of bootstrap characters across different versions or load orders of the game, you know if the character hasn't been RP killed yet. I mention it cause the whole building process an getting it stable you can lose characters an progress.

I liked what Siuan said in OYCPFF

SKSE, ENBoost, and uGridsToLoad are the trifecta of having a game that runs smoothly.

Even when not increasing the grids to load. Which I knew to never do.

Then ENBoost said it was tested without an running a mile outside at 700 speed an was crashy, an with ENBoost at 2000 speed an not crashy. But OYCPFF said it was more like the SKSE memory setting, an then ENBoost for more than. I had seen it an use SMME or whatever, but I changed it tonight to just use the SKSE.ini, an saw what Siuan said above, an kinda thinking, cause moving on horses an grid loading is a problem I got. They're talking about game killing stuff in OYCPFF though.