CTD's at random, usually near towns (logs, list, and performance monitor included)

SithisAurelius

So doing the quick start and checking the immersive armor box then leaving the cave and waiting 24 hours for CoT. The only thing that happened was ralof ended up naked upon leaving the cave and my game still crashed at about the same place. the constant save and reload idea is hilarious, prob won't work for me but I'll try it when I get home. gonna check out the other guys post see if that helps but any other ideas on your part?

Uh use random alternate start, or alternate start, cause the whole vanilla start part is glitchy with mods. It just shows that immersive amrmors is compatible with "quick start" U prolly need to start using manual save only too. OYCPFF pretty much an what's said on ENBoost's page. In this 4th build, what I really gathered was to write notes on the mod page description pages, cause after about 3 weeks I forget totally what they said. Then play along the way in game tests, so I don't go mad. There were a few ways, but Hearthfire was real useful, cause it was 24-36 hours of stuff to do. Most of the problems I had cleared up, but I added 20 more mods. So it's still in testing an I messed up two things. When you create these mods, you learn to check your work. I think maybe people have problems cause they don't really ever check it. LOL, with me there's always this "wait a second" "I totally muddled that" an I'll check the work or look for ways to check the work.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry ive been out for 3 weeks now. PC Hardrive commited seppuku and couldnt do any skyrim related stuff until i got a new one. Anyway i think i figured out what mighta been causing problems. For 1 i had Climates of Tamriel installed from both Steam workshop and Nexus mods (oops) so idk some strange interaction mighta been happening there. I also noticed i was using JK's versions of every city with Shenk's Theivery Overhaul from Steam Workshop as well which also edits most cities with new platforms/ladders and rooftop hatches. Thats my biggest concern and what i think was causing the crashing everytime i got anywhere near riverwood or Whiterun (when i made it that far). Regardless as i have a new hard drive and am reinstalling skyrim i have no way to actually test that theory and rather than retransfer everything from my laptop (what i did the first time) im just gonna reinstall every mod i had installed from scratch, group install them by type (graphics/meshes, body mods, armor mods, combat, magic, etc) and check skyrim after every 4-5 for all like 100 or something mods i have (not counting multiple esp's as multiple mods). That way i can find out exactly what mod was screwing my game (id have to narrow it down from 5 but easier than 100+). If i manage to reinstall everything and have no issues this time imma be totally confused (probably would be an issue with a mod i uninstalled improperly at that point) also using the opportunity to clean up my mod list and get rid of minor ones i dont really use and clear out everything from steam workshop except for what i cant get on nexus and i really want to keep.