I'm trying to install BBB on Oblivion, and most of it works fine. However theatre adds new spells and whenever I use the spells, an NPC I use it on will lose his/her body and legs, leaving just floating hands, feet, and head, and sometimes just a head. The game tells me I have missing KF files and tells me to look at the readme files, and I checked over that to find nothing of use.

BBB mods I have installed:
HGEC body with bbb mod
nomaam bbb animation replacer
nomaam bbb animation theatre
colourwheels sexy oblivion overhaul
nomaam breathing idles

Unrelated mods:
FOV modifier

What form of archive invalidation are you using? How have you installed each mod? Is it just when you cast the cakewalk spell and select certain clothes? What order did you install the mods and how did you test each individual mod before you installed the next?

You've messed up your installation of one or more of the mods. In all likelyhood you've installed Colourwheels after NoMaaM Theatre and it has overwritten some of the meshes that NoMaaM Theatre uses but the texture files (probably normal maps) aren't where the mesh expects them. Without details I could speculate for hours.

What form of archive invalidation are you using? How have you installed each mod? Is it just when you cast the cakewalk spell and select certain clothes? What order did you install the mods and how did you test each individual mod before you installed the next?

You've messed up your installation of one or more of the mods. In all likelyhood you've installed Colourwheels after NoMaaM Theatre and it has overwritten some of the meshes that NoMaaM Theatre uses but the texture files (probably normal maps) aren't where the mesh expects them. Without details I could speculate for hours.

My install order:

hgec body

animation replacer

animation theatre

colourwheels

breathing

Edited by DatOneGuy02

Rather than further speculation, I've gone back and highlighted the various questions you haven't answered (and the green one is still my guess based on very incomplete information).

Hmm ... not sure what happened there but first all my highlighting was there and now I see it's gone.

In any case the root of your problem is clear ... Nexus Mod Manager.

Only use NMM to install Oblivion mods when the mod install instructions specifically say "Using NMM install this ...", otherwise forget it even exists. You need to uninstall everything completely (if NMM is even capable of that much) and install all of the mods according to each's install instructions.

Install order is paramount, especially in the case of replacer mods such as NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer and BBBed skeleton.nif replacers. I'll bet when you check everything the Colourwheel mod wants to install you'll see it would overwrite your skeleton.nif, some of NoMaaM's walking animations as well as messing with the clothes and armor that NoMaaM BBB Animation Theatre installs.

• 2 weeks later...