Need advice from a Frostfall "expert" ;)

Hoamaii

Hey guys,

I need a bit of advice if any of you knows how Frostfall works.

I've used Chesko's "compatibility" directions to make the fires in my latest mod (house mod: Clearsky Hideout) recognized as heat sources for Frostfall users.

My problem is that despite being listed by Chesko as a recognized heat source, the "FXfireWithEmbersHeavy" (which is also one of the largest use in Vanilla Skyrim) does not seem to work. At first I thought it was because I used a script to let the player enable and disable the fire (also using States). But that can't be it because I use a very similar script to enable and disable a "hot shower" to which I attached a hidden fire with the shower as "enable parent" - and that one does work (this time using the FXfireWithEmbers01_Cheap instead)

So I just did the same form with my 1st fire, I hid underneath an FXfireWithEmbers01_Cheap, initially disabled and using the "FXfireWithEmbersHeavy" as enable parent - and that worked!

Problem solved you'd say, but that still raises a question: are there special conditions for a fire or heat source to be recognized in Frostfall? Or could it be that some of those heat sources listed by Chesko in his Compatibility page have changed in the latest mod version?

There are other fires around Clearsky and I'd rather get all of them right the first time - and if possible not have to systematically use the darn FXfireWithEmbers01_Cheap which blows sparks all over the place and is a real pain to hide...

Of course, I've written Chesko too, but I'd rather not spam him... so if anybody has a better understanding of his mod than I do, I could really use some advice...

Many thanks in advance :) and cheers to all,

Hoamaii