• Please log in to reply
2116 replies to this topic

katashy

katashy

Puffy

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
So, me and some friends have been using the server for a couple of days. Seeing as how I was an admin on Erics server and everything, can I be a VIP? Maybe even a mod :tongue:

But yeah, we're enjoying the server. I contacted Eric as well. No reply back yet, but he usually takes a while.

Ethre

Ethre

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 716 posts
Well, if you can login . . . . :confused:

Check PM.

alonsomartinez

alonsomartinez

:O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts
Does this server use any mods Posted Image

I recently learned my way around Minecraft code , and I started making some random mods xD

Ethre

Ethre

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 716 posts
Currently no mods (besides adminstration). Option is always open though - I leave it up to the group to make a consensus.

Quote of the day:

<TheJuggernaut0> This is like Oblivion, in the fact that you find random things in the wilderness.

CommanderCrazy

CommanderCrazy

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
If you are not doing a medieval style, then I recommend

http://www.minecraft...hp?f=25&t=92206

It is a mod that adds guns, rocket launchers and a nuke. If you are playing medieval style, then just the Grappling Hook from that mod is ace.

Vagrant0

Vagrant0

Usually Right, Occasionally Left.

• Staff
  • 9,959 posts

If you are not doing a medieval style, then I recommend

http://www.minecraft...hp?f=25&t=92206

It is a mod that adds guns, rocket launchers and a nuke. If you are playing medieval style, then just the Grappling Hook from that mod is ace.

Not to rain on your parade, but I don't think guns, and particularly explosives make for a very good idea in this server. Maybe if it was PvP with a full reset every week, with a large protected area... But in any server where people have actually built something this only opens the door for mass greifing and a map which will be little more than craters. Gunpowder is also not particularly obtainable, so not all that useful as things stand. I mean it's cool and all, just isn't right for this server.

Unfortunately the minecraft forums seems to have removed many of the mod posts, so I can't suggest any that might fit for comparison.

Edited by Vagrant0, 23 December 2010 - 03:20 AM.

CommanderCrazy

CommanderCrazy

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
Well, the server I play on has an Adminium arena (seperate server, its rather massive) where you can build forts and stuff for PvP matches, so we use it.
The Grappling hook is awesome though, easy to make too.

Edited by CommanderCrazy, 23 December 2010 - 04:09 AM.

CommanderCrazy

CommanderCrazy

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
Beta 1.1 is out, fixes the Item Dupe bug and Leaf Decay.

Vagrant0

Vagrant0

Usually Right, Occasionally Left.

• Staff
  • 9,959 posts

The Grappling hook is awesome though, easy to make too.

Yes, plenty cool, but makes anti-greifer things like walls and pit traps virtually useless.

CommanderCrazy

CommanderCrazy

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
You can always make the sneaky landmine...

Page loaded in: 1.101 seconds