What lore do we have already?

ub3rman123

I remember one of the rumors you could hear in Oblivion that concerned Skyrim that daedra were attacking there too. So, I'm curious: Was there any other lore that we got from other games, miscellaneous rumors, etc? And would it still be applicable to the game after 200 years?

Maybe the Player can recruit the Blades. Maybe the "Dragonborn" is supposed to be the same Kind of dragonborn the Septims where, chosen by Akatosh to be the emperor of tamriel.

After the last Septim kicked the bucket in Oblivion, the Blades said that they would bide their time until the next dragonborn arised. I had no Idea that there would be a next dragonborn or why there would be, after all the dragonborn was just someone with the septim blood able to light the dragonfires which are basically a magical barrier to keep invading daedric princes out.

Now with the sacrifice of martin septim this Barrier is a fixture for some Reason and there is no need for a dragonborn septim Emperor to light the dragonfires.

But whatever, the Blades may not have known that, maybe they'll "bide their Time" until a new dragonborn arises or maybe they'll just wait around until they can come up with something better to do.

So now there is someone being called "dragonborn" and it would be rather confusing if this would be some other kind of dragonborn.

Well, we'll see :D

The emperors last words: "Close and shut the jaws of Oblivion"!

Poiting towards the overall incoming Oblivion crysis in Tamriel, you all know, more or less, that Mehrunes Dagon(who was the only one that wanted to reclaim his birthright, Tamriel itself) has been banished back to Oblivion after the whole ivent. All gates where closed, and the empire (well at least the Imperial city) where ruined(wich was not very visible after the last fight inside the Imperial city), no heir of the Septim throne was left, so nobody could prevent another possible crysis. Maybe there will be another Oblivion crysis, but in Oblivion itself! Who knows...

I want that they keep the lore complex like in TES4 (allthough we can talk for months about it if the lore really was so complex or not), but then again, i hope that Oblivions lore will in any way be a lot better implemented into Skyrim, then Morrowinds lore into Oblivion.

Edited by Lexx666

Hmm well , the DragonBorne doesnt have to come from the line of the Emperors , it could also come from the line of Tosh Roka , the akavir who managed to transform himself into a divine being and taking the form of a Dragon :D

That is what I beleive will happen , The lore puts it all together if you look at it from my view , but hey lore is always messed up :D

The emperors last words: "Close and shut the jaws of Oblivion"!

Poiting towards the overall incoming Oblivion crysis in Tamriel, you all know, more or less, that Mehrunes Dagon(who was the only one that wanted to reclaim his birthright, Tamriel itself) has been banished back to Oblivion after the whole ivent. All gates where closed, and the empire (well at least the Imperial city) where ruined(wich was not very visible after the last fight inside the Imperial city), no heir of the Septim throne was left, so nobody could prevent another possible crysis. Maybe there will be another Oblivion crysis, but in Oblivion itself! Who knows...

I want that they keep the lore complex like in TES4 (allthough we can talk for months about it if the lore really was so complex or not), but then again, i hope the new Skyrim lore will in any way be a lot better implemented into Oblivion, then Oblivions lore into Morrowind.

[Edited] aside from daedra and a couple of books recycled from morrowind- oblivions lore was full of fail. daedric armour becomes COMMON,glass weapons are HEAVY and so much more conflicting views with morrowind and martin ascending meant that the gap between oblivion cannot be reopened.

the lore wasnt very complex in oblivion either

Those on this thread had better quickly learn how to debate fairly, without insults or ad homonym attacks, or this topic will be closed and strikes handed out. -myrmaad

Duh. As if a world cannot develop and advances happen in different areas. Are you suggesting the world should be statically the same as it was two thousand years ago just because the old books say so? That would be like the modern US Marines going into battle dressed in Roman Legion Armour. Lore is there to be "broken" - or developed - if this game is set 200 years from the time of the Oblivion Crisis.

I'm still thinking that maybe that 200 years thing could be a slip. it never was confirmed. Heck, the guy typing it might have just hit 0 one time too many,

If I see anything in Skyrim, I want to see the Telvanni again. They were the most awesome faction, and according to in-game rumors, they were fighting the daedra as well.

I believe it's properly "dragonborne". The one the dragon bears. That could mean in flight or through birthright. Or both.

Someone please give me multiple sources for the timeline between Morrowind and Oblivion, if it's even possible.

Finally, like it or not, Oblivion counts. There was no aberration, no substitute developer, no third party development team, Todd Howard was at the helm.