I`m fed up with Steam and it forums

roofiodude

• 1 month later...

I like GOG a lot better than steam, and I also liked it when you could just go out to stores and buy a physical copy of the game and install it off the disk. The first time I ever encountered a steam game was with Skyrim. I had bought a copy of the game from Future shop when it was still around and I went to install it but found out it wanted me to register with Steam. I did so, and found that my game took three days to download. The disc is pretty much useless if they wanted me to download the game off their site, and the installation process would have been much faster with the disk. I think steam should try to find a way to decrease their download times or make registration optional if you buy a physical copy of a game that is on steam. Another problem that I found is that I like to go shopping for older games at thrift stores like the goodwill, salvation army, value village,etc and I'll find a second-hand copy of a valve game like half-life 2 or left 4 dead. I'll pick it up and be like "Oh gee, I heard this is a good game, I think I'll just buy this so I can take it home and play it." So I go and pay like 5$ for the game and then I take it home and discover that it is a steam game. So I hope that it's activation code can be used again or hasn't been used, but then it turns out it's only a one-time activation. So I go on steam and see if I can buy another copy of the game and it turns out it's like 20$ just to buy a second copy of the game. I think the lesson learned here is that you should never donate your gently-used copies of steam games or buy second hand, physical copies of steam games.

Edited by pitip

I like GOG a lot better than steam, and I also liked it when you could just go out to stores and buy a physical copy of the game and install it off the disk. The first time I ever encountered a steam game was with Skyrim. I had bought a copy of the game from Future shop when it was still around and I went to install it but found out it wanted me to register with Steam. I did so, and found that my game took three days to download. The disc is pretty much useless if they wanted me to download the game off their site, and the installation process would have been much faster with the disk. I think steam should try to find a way to decrease their download times or make registration optional if you buy a physical copy of a game that is on steam. Another problem that I found is that I like to go shopping for older games at thrift stores like the goodwill, salvation army, value village,etc and I'll find a second-hand copy of a valve game like half-life 2 or left 4 dead. I'll pick it up and be like "Oh gee, I heard this is a good game, I think I'll just buy this so I can take it home and play it." So I go and pay like 5$ for the game and then I take it home and discover that it is a steam game. So I hope that it's activation code can be used again or hasn't been used, but then it turns out it's only a one-time activation. So I go on steam and see if I can buy another copy of the game and it turns out it's like 20$ just to buy a second copy of the game. I think the lesson learned here is that you should never donate your gently-used copies of steam games or buy second hand, physical copies of steam games.

Put on a happy face. :thumbsup: Valve/Steam is being sued in a French court for their on-line practices, etc.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3017060/software-games/the-french-are-steamed-about-valves-unfair-game-resale-ban.html