FOMM Crashing on Startup

njustin

For some reason, FOMM refuses to start. All the mods i have downloaded through FOMM still work, as well as Fallout New Vegas itself. However everytime i load FOMM it reads creates the standard error message. "FOMM has stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution." Uninstalling and Reinstalling FOMM has not worked. Here is a copy of the crash dump. Should i attempt uninstalling all of my mods or will that not help? I would like to avoid doing so for i have not been able to install mods myself without using FOMM.

System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.newvegasnexus.com'

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()

at WebsiteAPIs.NexusAPI.Login(String p_strUsername, String p_strPassword)

at WebsiteAPIs.NexusAPI.Login()

at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.WebsiteLogin()

at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager..ctor(MainForm mf)

at Fomm.MainForm.bPackageManager_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Can't help you :confused:

But at least I know now that I'm not the only one with this problem. My flavour of that problem is just that it only happens when I use the package manager to install mods. It shuts down when I've installed the mod. Then I can restart FOMM and activate the mod as normal. And play the game. Never experienced it with FO3.

Hope one of the smart people in here can come up with a solution. It's quite annoying :wallbash:

For some reason, FOMM refuses to start. All the mods i have downloaded through FOMM still work, as well as Fallout New Vegas itself. However everytime i load FOMM it reads creates the standard error message. "FOMM has stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution." Uninstalling and Reinstalling FOMM has not worked. Here is a copy of the crash dump. Should i attempt uninstalling all of my mods or will that not help? I would like to avoid doing so for i have not been able to install mods myself without using FOMM.

System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.newvegasnexus.com'

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Its a stretch but that first error says it couldn't resolve the host name, try clearing your DNS cache, or adding the IP of newvegasnexus.com to your hosts file for a temporary fix.

To clear DNS cache

Windows XP (or vista/7 with UAC disabled):

press windows key + r

type "cmd"

press enter

type "ipconfig /flushdns"

Windows Vista or 7 with UAC enabled:

press windows key

type "cmd"

press ctrl+shift+enter to run as administrator

type "ipconfig /flushdns"

Adding the New Vegas Nexus IP to your hosts file

Navigate to C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\

Open "hosts" in notepad

Add "77.72.7.226 www.newvegasnexus.com" to the bottom of the list

Save (make sure you save with no extension, not .txt)

You will need to run notepad as administrator for Windows Vista or Windows 7 with UAC enabled

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately neither did help :sad:

Fortunately the game is fully playable. Just annoying that I have to restart FOMM for each mod I want to install. I know I could do it manually, but this is easier :whistling:

• 1 month later...
i'm having this problem too, exept i think its worse in my case, since as soon as i double click on the icon, it just does not want to start up, and gives me the crash info. this started happening after i changed FO3 to work in Windowed mode because i had a problem with the "Please Stand by" screen, and after that FOMM just desides to stop starting up at all, I really hope we get a awnser soon to fix this, as most of my mods refuse to work without it.

• 5 months later...

all you has to do is this uninstall and then reinstall it before full installation it should browse c:\games\program files (x86)\GeMM don't put the file there click on browse then Games then click OK it should look like this C:\Games\GeMM

all you has to do is this uninstall and then reinstall it before full installation it should say c:\games\program files (x86)\GeMM don't put the file there click on browse then Games then click OK it should look like this C:\Games\GeMM

• 7 months later...

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 6:55:19 AM

Fomm 0.13.21

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog.InitMods()

at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog.Load()

at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog..ctor()

at Fomm.Program.Main(String[] args)

I get this when I try starting FOMM. I cannot get past the game choose window. Any suggestions?

tedfesco,

I have the exact same problem!

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 12:25:00 PM

Fomm 0.13.21

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog.InitMods()

at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog.Load()

at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog..ctor()

at Fomm.Program.Main(String[] args)

I previously installed Fomm and all seemed well even though I never used it to install a mod. I found Nexus Mod Manager and what seemed to be a good video tutor

so I uninstalled Fomm, installed NMM and gave it a try. NMM worked well for a few simple mods but I was never able to get any of the Type 3 body mods to work using

NMM. So I deactivated all mods I had installed with NMM, uninstalled NMM and reinstalled Fomm. Now I get the "Something bad seems to have happened" crash

message every time I try to run Fomm. I point all this out because I suspect there is some garbage left somewhere from my previous Fomm install. Just wondering if

you have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled Fomm?

Hopefully someone can point us to a registry entry, log file or something that needs to be changed or deleted!

I have Fallout New Vegas installed and have chose that option in Fomm. I do not have Fallout3 installed and have never had it installed.

Thanks for any help anyone can give us.