Blender to Skyrim conversion issues

megageeklizzy

I have spent most of the past two and a half days trying to edit body meshes for a child mod, and I am about at my wit's end. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried following multiple guides, I've tried other processes that seemed logical, and I've tried using a program that is supposed to make changes to nifs to prepare them for Blender and then to prepare them for Skyrim again. I will be using whatever method I find that works to make full armor conversions, so I am not going to use 3DS Max, as I need more than the 30 days that the trial includes. If there is another free program like Blender that works as well, though, I'd be happy to try it.

I realize that there are a lot of discussions about this on the internet, but the majority of them are from 2012 or 2013, and I was hoping that maybe someone had come up with a better way by now. I have done modeling before, and I'm just really annoyed by the fact that I have everything I need and just can't get it into the game. I'm about to the point that I want to give up. If you can give me step-by-step directions, a link to a guide specifically for bodies(not for armor, as I've tried a couple and they didn't work), a download link for a tool that can automatically do this, or anything else that can help me, I would really, really appreciate it. Otherwise I'm going to have to remove the mod from Nexus permanently. Thank you for reading.

There is a guide that might help, it is for armors, but if you treat your body nif like it is the armor it's talking about in the tutorial and follow along - very closely - it can help you. It helped me get my new race body mesh in the game. And if you need help, just give me a shout, I might be able to lead you the right way. http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/topic/5639-creating-skyrim-armor-in-blender-tutorial-series/