Need some help with the enabling the Favorites menu and Vampire Lord form...

JMSFedaykin

Hey There Y'all!

I'm just about done implementing my custom vampire lord form. But, there's one last thing that I can't figure out how to get working. For some reason, when I transform into my custom VL form, I can't bring up the favorites menu. It works when I use one of the default races, but when I change into VL from from my custom race, I can't bring it up.

Can anybody point me to where I might find code related to this in the scripts? I took a look at the Game.DisablePlayerControls and all of the AddSpell stuff in DLC1PlayerVampireChangeScript. There doesn't appear to be anything related there, as far as I can tell.

I saw folks had mentioned, I think it's, the DLC1VampireSpellsPowers Form List and I thought if I could see where it was used, I might be able to find something useful. But according to the CK, it's not actually used by anything. So, I'm completely stumped.

If anybody could point me in the right direction, I'd be super grateful...

Well what a f**kin' load of horses**t!!! I went ahead and changed the race that you switch into from my retextured vampire lord race back to the original vampire lord race and lo and behold the favorites menu comes up. So, it's godd**n well hard-coded! Christ! I hate c**p like this!

Not only that, I can't get a recolored Harkon's cape and have it use the verlet physics because that s**t is hard-coded, too! It's times like this that I hate this godd**n engine!!!

So, f**k it! I'm guess I'm just stuck using the original cloak and a pale-skinned vampire lord, even though my race has ink black skin. Christ, this s**t pisses me off...

Edited by JMSFedaykin

Yep, just confirmed it. I switched the Vampire Race to my retextured vampire lord race and the Verlet Cape to my retextured Harkon cape and now the favorites menu comes up and I've got a lovely purple Harkon cape on my character. So unless somebody knows a way to swap those values at runtime, I'm screwed...

Edit:

I think I'm going to fiddle around with NetImmerse Override and just swap the textures at runtime... Unfortunately, that means I'm gonna have to require another plug-in besides Dawnguard. What a PIA...

Edited by JMSFedaykin

Thanks for the tip. That will definitely get me where I need to be. I've been fiddling around with it to try to get it working. The main problem I'm having is trying to figure out how to get things going to make use of SKSE-related objects (ie, the DefaultObjectManager)...

First, I tried putting this line up towards the top with all of my variables and properties (outside of any functions and events):

DefaultObjectManager kDefObjMan = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000031, "Skyrim.esm") as DefaultObjectManager

And the compiler barfs after Game, because it's my understanding that GetFormFromFile has to be inside an event?

So, I split it to this:

DefaultObjectManager kDefObjMan 

Event OnInit()
     kDefObjMan = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000031, "Skyrim.esm") as DefaultObjectManager
EndEvent

When I do that, the first, fundamental error I get is that DefaultObjectManager is an unknown type. I'm guessing because DefaultObjectManager requires SKSE? So, my question is how do I get access to SKSE objects? If this were something like C#, I'd just put it in an include at the beginning of the file. But I've got no clue what I need to do with Papyrus. And trying to find any information on how to use SKSE is like trying to find a needle in a stack of "How to install SKSE" needles...

Follow the install instructions for SKSE. Download the archive version (not the executable, which does not have all of the files you need) and make sure that you put both the compiled and the source scripts where they belong. That should be all there is to it.