can't play my mod on another pc

jaintex1

What Windows version do you use? Sometimes I know with like Windows Vista it would hard code the texture path in Nifskope to where YOU had your install paths. You would have to physically change it so that it could read the path no matter where the person installed their game.

Could this be the issue?

What Windows version do you use? Sometimes I know with like Windows Vista it would hard code the texture path in Nifskope to where YOU had your install paths. You would have to physically change it so that it could read the path no matter where the person installed their game.

Could this be the issue?

I'm using windows 10

and yes I think this is the issue cause on my brother's pc it said that it cannot find the texture in the steam folder but he have the cd version of the game

but how do you physicaly change the path

Edited by jaintex1

Go into Nifskope where you attached the texture and change it to take out all the c:blah\blah and have the line only start with the word texture

edit: You have to do it for all the attached textures in each mesh.

If I have confused you here I can go take a screenshot and come back.

I don't know if you got it or not, or if that was the issue. However here is a nif from Oblivion (I don't have MW installed at present) and if you look at the highlighted line this is how the texture needs attached. If it says anything before "texture" then that part of the line needs removed (you can double click on the line and it will allow you to edit it)

Every texture on each nif must be renamed in this way if this was the issue.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2z89nj8.jpg