Hello Nexus!

SirSalami

In response to post #29594525. #29596420 is also a reply to the same post.

Oubliette wrote:

In response to post #29530040.

MotoSxorpio wrote:

Good to know there will be another pleb to perma-ban people for literally smallest bulls*** things.
Keep it classy Nexus crew.

Don't be a jackhole.

Moderation is free to remind folks of the rules, since NO ONE READS THEM.

Honestly though I've mostly stopped commenting here because I'm afraid of the mod team. They seem to just want to make the site a huge hugbox where mod authors are free from criticism and I don't like that at all.

Edit: And the way the rules are worded is awful unless that's changed recently. They need to be simple and clear, not a bunch of blanket statements that cover moderators bad decisions.

A place where people who work hard to share something with others for free, feel safe and appreciated instead of criticized? The horror :mellow:

Velocerator wrote: How do you get better at doing something without criticism? How do you even take feedback seriously if the site is a hugbox? If you don't want criticism then don't create a product for others to consume, whether it's free or not is irrelevant.

I completely understand where you're coming from, Velocerator. However, no matter what you do or say will change anything about this site, or it's mods. Just do what i do, get my mods, endorse and no trouble will come to you.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't know the difference between constructive criticism and flaming, then it's probably best to just "get your mods and endorse."

From the ToS (to which you agreed when you joined):

File and image database commenting and endorsements

All the rules applicable to forum comments are also applicable to file and image commenting. However, there are additional rules that govern file and image comments, and breaking the file or image commenting rules will draw a more severe response from the staff.

The commenting and endorsement system is available on Nexus sites to provide users with:
  • an interface to offer positive feedback on the functionality of the file in question based on the authors initial intentions
  • the ability to offer constructive criticism on aspects of the file that could be improved
  • the chance to ask for feature requests and discuss such requests with other users of the site or the author
  • the ability to ask for help in troubleshooting problems with the file in question

If your comment does not fit in to the above criteria then do not post. If you disagree with the content of a file on the site then do not post (i.e. do not criticise the file on the basis of your personal likes/dislikes). Simply ignore the file and move on. Do not disparage other mods or other genres of mods in a different mods comment topic. Do not attempt to circumvent the above rules by sugar-coating your disapproval of a mod: if you will not use a mod then refrain from commenting on it.

• 5 weeks later...