Focus group full!

TheTokenGeek

I have one suggestion to improve the site. This site has been great, but there is one thing that has been a bit annoying lately. Lately, on a lot of mods, when I go to download a file, instead of going straight to the download, I have to click through a few annoying notices about things I already know about. By the time I decide to download a file, I have already read about it, so I already know what is required. In addition, I already know I can donate to the mod author, so I don't need to see notices about those things. I looked through the preferences thinking that there is probably a way to disable the notices, but I did not see any settings for it. While they are annoying for me, I do see the notices potentially being useful to some people, such as those who are new to modding, so it is not a bad idea to have them. It would just be really nice to have a way to turn them off for people who already know what they are doing!

Hrm, this is what I get for not checking this site daily!

As reiterated, hope this redesign isn't bad with Fallout 4 around the corner.

Edit: While I would welcome a wider width on the body, please don't throw in unnecessary columns to fill space. They're a common error in broken design costing an average portal CMS +$15k quotes to resolve. Keep streamlined top down.

Edited by EggyInaBaskutt

In response to post #29951675.

EggyInaBaskutt wrote: Hrm, this is what I get for not checking this site daily!

As reiterated, hope this redesign isn't bad with Fallout 4 around the corner.

Edit: While I would welcome a wider width on the body, please don't throw in unnecessary columns to fill space. They're a common error in broken design costing an average portal CMS +$15k quotes to resolve. Keep streamlined top down.

Don't think you have to worry about that. The design likely won't be done for quite some time still.

In response to post #29900255.

BlindJudge wrote: http://s16.postimg.org/amw3cnib9/thanks.jpg

Well that certainly didn’t take long! Thank you to all those that have emailed in with regards to joining the closed focus group. Your enthusiasm and willingness to help out the Nexus is amazing and as I keep repeating, I’m glad to be working with such an awesome community.

I’ll be sending those that will be involved an email this week with information on what is going to happen next and how to get involved with the discussion. If after reading through, you still feel that you want to be a part then just respond following the instructions and we’ll get started.

To those that haven’t made it in this time, there will be plenty more opportunity to have your say and to see what’s happening. I’m going to try and keep posts coming on a regular basis with an update on current proceedings, where we are at and what is upcoming. I always welcome feedback no matter what the subject, so please feel free to PM or email me with anything that you have

Thanks again

http://s21.postimg.org/454ljutoz/signature_xsmall_yellow.png

Though I see that things run well on this site I also see that at times things are not so clear. If your ad for a focus group had been as clear as your multiple Thank YOU's had been Paul, I guess there would of been many more members who would of felt included. Almost feels like subliminal messaging which for the few...Got It!

But on the otherhand I appreciate all the hard work that goes into making this into a very special site as I also have had my own site in the past and know well how difficult it is to please all.

Carry on and have fun....

@JD001; With more prominent visibility of the Focus Group the result would only have been MORE people being disappointed by not being included, since only the same number could participate regardless.

So why not simply establish the criteria you used to make your choice from the outset?...for instance...if you chose not to involve anyone who wasn't at least a supporter...someone who had at least one mod posted.

Following the great Pay-mod fiasco...both user and modder have moved on...This is not a Community...people will move to new games...to different life involvements...some will cease to exist in the context of gaming altogether...

Robin has injected some life into nexus by delegating aspects of the site to those with a passion...but establishing focus groups and such tends to complicate the decision making process...use your judgement...take ownership...and when change occurs by your hand...the feedback will come...do you really believe that there is a chance that you would fail to make the changes needed...or that the ones you do make will be off the mark?...

In response to post #29990190.

Fowldragon wrote: So why not simply establish the criteria you used to make your choice from the outset?...for instance...if you chose not to involve anyone who wasn't at least a supporter...someone who had at least one mod posted.

Following the great Pay-mod fiasco...both user and modder have moved on...This is not a Community...people will move to new games...to different life involvements...some will cease to exist in the context of gaming altogether...

Robin has injected some life into nexus by delegating aspects of the site to those with a passion...but establishing focus groups and such tends to complicate the decision making process...use your judgement...take ownership...and when change occurs by your hand...the feedback will come...do you really believe that there is a chance that you would fail to make the changes needed...or that the ones you do make will be off the mark?...

Your use of ellipses instead of commas troubles me.